New Products I'm Loving feat. Hourglass, GLAMGLOW, IT Cosmetics, Too Faced, Yves Saint Laurent

Hourglass Diffused Heat, Too Faced Lip Injection, Glamglow POUTMUD, Yves Saint Laurent Volupte, It Cosmetics CC+
Too Faced Lip Injection - $22
If you're looking for an effective lip plumping gloss, these work really well for me. Like a traditional gloss, these come equipped with a "plumping" effect that is accompanied by a strong "tingle" (which is the plumping). These are a bit more on the "intense" spectrum of the plumping scale in terms of how they feel on the lips so I advise to wear minimally to ensure they don't dry out your lips. I wear these usually at least once a day but I do tend to rotate lip products throughout the day so they haven't had any negative effects on my lips. They do plump nicely--there is visible difference but like all plumpers, it is subtle. I have four of these: Spice Girl, Milkshake and Babe Alert, as well as the original clear.

Yves Saint Laurent Volupte Tint-In-Oil in Peach Me Love (6) - $32
Going off of the peach theme, I've been wearing the hell out of this YSL lipgloss in Peach Me Love. If I could justify it, I'd have an army of these in every shade they offer. These create that "I just ate a juicy popsicle" look that's perfect for the warm summer months. Plus they feel nice and smooth on the lips.

Hourglass Ambient Lighting Blush in Diffused Heat - $38
During the summer, I wear a lit of peach blush shades. This one gives that perfect "I've just been in the sun and got just a hint of a sunburn" flush to it. It has a subtle sheen so a highlighter isn't even needed. Just dust on your cheeks and you're good to go!

It Cosmetics Your Skin But Better CC+ SPF Cream with SPF 50 - $38
I have a lot of light freckles on my face. They aren't dark but sometimes foundation covers them up more than I like. This BB cream is great to help diffuse the pink on my cheeks and smooth things on my face out without covering up my freckles. It's also light, smooth, creamy in formula, and feels light on the face. I don't get oily with this either which I'm prone to with some foundations. This one is like a "my facial skin but better" product. In the summer I can get away with the Medium shade in the summer, or I will sometimes wear the Light shade with my slightly darker powder foundation brushed lightly on top. In Winter/Spring (my pale months), I'll wear Light. These do lean more yellow/beige than pink in my opinion so keep that in mind if you don't think that works for your skin tone.

Glamglow POUTMUD Fizzy Lip Exfoliating Treatment - $24
I've never actually tried a lip exfoliator so I decided to start with a random pick. I picked this one because of the packaging and the word "Fizzy" in the name (which is one of my favorite words). Super shallow, I know, but I had to start somewhere. I didn't really expect this top do much, if anything. I guess I expected it to be one of those gimmick products. I have pretty soft lips naturally so was extremely surprised to find that this product made my lips noticeably softer than they were before I tried this product. I use it once or twice a week when I'm partaking in my facial mask routine. It's expensive, sure, and I'm certain there are less expensive lip exfoliators out there. But if you're looking at this one wondering if it does anything, it definitely did for me.

Happy 4th of July to my fellow Americans, and happy 150 years to all Canadian makeup lovers out there!


Comments