Date Night! | feat. Lancome Monsieur Big, Marc Jacobs O!Mega Highlighter, & Valentino Eau de Parfum


On a random online shopping spree, I picked up the AH-DORABLE Monsieur Big Birthday Set and the Heart-Shaped Palette from Lancome, as well as the Valentino Donna Born in Rome Eau de Parfum in limited edition packaging exclusive to Nordstrom. To top off this date night theme I had going on here, I added the Marc Jacobs O!mega Glaze All-Over Foil Luminizer, which released during the holidays. Everything you need for a perfect date night (except a lip product but you don't want that on when you're kissing someone anyways).


I'll be honest, I'm not sure why Lancome didn't save this set for Valentine's Day. It seems like the PERFECT thing for makeup lovers to scarf up in late January / early February. Of course, we scarfed it up anyways!


The palette features 12 shadows in pinks and cool-toned mauves. There are 3 "looks" they provide, which as you can see, are shown in the palette itself (Big Crush, Big Night, and Big Date).


I'm not one to really gravitate towards the non-conventional packaging style (square, rectangular, and the occasional circle), but this one I couldn't resist. I will say, it's quite bulky, so don't expect it to stack neatly with your flat palettes. But it's super, super cute.


(Can you tell I had fun in the sun with makeup today? This is one of those "Instagram Ready" products where all pics of the packaging just look 10x better)


The colors remind me of a chocolate box, complete with strawberry cream and raspberry truffles and cherry cordials.

*The Marc Jacobs highlighter swatch is on the far right <3 (please ignore that beige-ish mark between the Marc Jacobs highlighter and that pale pink foil shadow--one of the shadows from a swatch session I did previous to this one did not come off easily).

As is often the case, some of the mattes are dustier than others. I wouldn't say the mattes really shine in this palette, some are better than others, but the foils are quite velvety and nice. For $49, I'd say it's decent, but it doesn't blow me away. I'll be keeping it, and I admit, it's partly because of the packaging, but it's certainly workable and you do get a handful of shadows. I just wouldn't say it's the best palette I've ever gotten for the price.


Monsieur Big mascara is one of my fav mascaras, so this was an obvious buy for me. You get a full size and mini size tube of the Monsieur Big mascara. A cute little puffy heart compact completes the set. Adorbs.




The Marc Jacobs highlighter is just as velvety as the highlighters preceding this one. Remarkably blinding, it packs a punch upon application. You also get A TON of product. This puppy will last you forever.


The Valentino perfume is something I definitely didn't need. But damn, sometimes the packaging and the lovely product copy (thanks Marketing Copywriters), just gets me. This one is sophisticated without trying too hard. The jasmine is the standout scent at first, but then the jasmine mellows out and the vanilla emerges, softening the aroma into an undercurrent of flirty sophistication. If you like "Decadence" by Marc Jacobs, you will likely like this as it is quite similar but with a hint of jasmine entwined with the vanilla.

I will say I had a bit of a difficult time getting the actual spray pump to work. You have to remove a plastic little "U" that keeps the pump from going off in the box and wasting all your product. But it isn't the easiest pump to use; you have to really press it down and it takes awhile to come out in a nice little spritz.

The packaging? Of course, it's divine. In typical haute-couture fashion, it's simultaneously edgy and feminine. I love it. A perfect score for a perfect date night aroma.


Even the boxes are adorable! <3


Marc Jacobs is a Cruelty Free brand!

Thanks for reading =)

Comments

Recent Posts Readers Are Loving