Marc Jacobs Beauty ~ The Wild One Eye-Conic Eyeshadow Palette | Review!


For the past few years, Marc Jacobs Beauty has released a Limited Edition, 20-pan eyeshadow palette for the holidays. As far as holiday collections go in terms of presentation and quality, Marc Jacobs is one of the best. If you're one of those people who, like me, look for a quality product in packaging that is attractive to you, unless you're adverse to animal-prints, this might be right up your alley.



The formula of these shadows mirrors those of the newly released Eye-Conic palettes that came out this past summer (see my thoughts on 3 of them here). The eye-conic collection was designed to give you a look of various degrees of intensity. Each shade is meant to be layered to build up the look with the option to add in a pop of color.

One thing I really like about this particular palette is the range of shades you get. Every time I approach this palette, I have to take a moment and think about what look I am going for because it's easy to get carried away and just starting reaching for every single shade.


I'm in love with Chameleon, Cat Fight, Lion's Share, Funny Bunny, Free Bird and Bull's Eye. Also Sheepish. And Foxy and Golden Fleece which aren't exactly unique shades but are right up my alley along with all the other neutral satin shades that I use on my lid regularly. I appreciate the paler mattes like Dog and Pony, Cat Call, and Nine Lives. So basically, I enjoy the majority of these.

Natural Light
The shades I was most concerned about were the two turquoise shades: Pea-cocky and Crow's Nest. I was particularly concerned about Crow's Nest because shades like this one, sheer and powdery, are often prone to looking muddy on the eyes. I wouldn't say this is my favorite shade for my lid, but it makes for a really pretty lower lashline shade. I admit, I often default some shades to lower lashline use if I don't think they will work well for me elsewhere. I would say this one would also work well to build depth in the outer crease, but I don't often go for looks where I would use it there.

Natural light with indoor lighting on
I checked out Temptalia's review (located here) and was surprised that we had somewhat differing opinions on a few of the shades (Crow's Nest, Bearish, and Dog and Pony). Granted, I always wear a primer and generally don't test a product without a primer unless the product is marketed as not needing one, so this would explain some discrepancies.

Bathroom Lighting
I did have the same issues with Hen Party as Temptalia. Hen Party is like a pressed glitter shade; more chunky than the others. Even when applied with my finger and using a primer, it got glitter on my cheekbones and undereye area. Granted, it is not the same chunky glitter formula as the Too Faced "Glitterbomb" or Urban Decay "Moondust" palettes. This is an absolutely stunning shade though so I'll forgive it, but I wish the color could stay but the formula be in a more metallic foiled finish instead of being so glitter-heavy. This is the only shade like it out of the 20 the palette comes with, and it's a fun one. 


The other shade that I was slightly disappointed in is "Bearish"as it is quite sheer. This isn't really a problem for me as with darker shades I do prefer to have control and build them up, but as a relatively standard dark brown with red undertones, I wasn't expecting it to be so sheer. I would have liked a touch more pigmentation in this one, but it's workable.

Overall, I think this is a great product and would make for a really nice gift for someone who enjoys makeup, especially those who are dabbling into higher end/designer brands. With this one, you get good quality and nice packaging, which I can't say for a lot of Limited Edition holiday items. This is a stunning, fun product, and a lot of looks for both day and night can be made with it. I would happily repurchase this <3

 Thanks for reading!! <3

Comments

  1. I’m really impressed with your article, such great & usefull knowledge you mentioned here. Thank you for sharing such a good and useful information haute her home beauty tips

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment