Bite Beauty ~ Edgy Neutrals Amuse Bouche LIpsticks, $26 Sephora Exclusive / Limited Edition

Bite Beauty has hopped on the brown lip product train, one of the many new lip product trends popping up while the matte liquid lipstick trend cools and settles on the side. It's interesting that this trend is moving on into Spring as it seems to be more Fall appropriate, but brands are still pumping out products because we just keep on buying them!

The cute and sort of "spring-like" theme of these products is that they are named after mushrooms (I'm a huge mushroom lover so these did appeal to my inner mushroom-loving side). Also, as a fan of the warm, brown shades it's nice to add a few of these to my arsenal since all the cool, brown shades have been swarming around since the Fall. I bought all 4 shades that Bite Beauty released as I experienced much difficulty in choosing which shades I wanted.
Bite Beauty Amuse Bouche Edgy Neutrals
Out of the 4 of them, Cremini and Porcini are probably the most wearable. Porcini, described as a "rich caramel" on Sephora.com, appears to me to be a little on the nude-orange side where Cremini is a bit more like a warm nude-brown (it's described as "milk chocolate"). Both of these are wearable shades and would look flattering on most skin tones I think. Portobello ("deep golden brown") is your classic warm brown shade. There isn't anything necessarily special about this one as there are many lip products in this shade floating around the space right now, but for a cream lipstick from a Cruelty Free brand, this is a great option. 

Enoki, which I thought would be the easiest fit for me for an everyday lipstick, I think is probably the least wearable. It's a really interesting shade, like a golden tan hybrid (it's described as a "golden beige" on Sephora's website). I don't think it would actually work for most skin tones. If you're on the darker side of the spectrum it might be doable, but I found it to just not work for me and I don't think it would be the most flattering on many fair skin tones. 
Bite Beauty Amuse Bouche Edgy Neutrals ~ T - B: Enoki, Cremini, Porcini, Portobello
I have a few Amuse Bouche lipsticks and formula-wise, these seem to use the same formula. Enoki is a little on the dry side (as compared to the others) but I wouldn't say it's actually "dry". The others just feel more creamy and remind me of the familiar Amuse Bouche formula. They also have to usual Amuse Bouche smell; that sweet lemonade-y scent that BB is becoming known for.

All 4 of these are available now on Sephora.com

Looks Using These Products

Comments

Recent Posts Readers Are Loving