NARS ~ NARSissist Unfiltered I Cheek Palette | Limited Edition / Sephora Exclusive

Nars Unfiltered I Cheek Palette
I caved and bought the Unfiltered I when Sephora restocked their inventory a couple of weeks ago. In hindsight, I'm unsure why I didn't buy this one first to be honest. Looking at my collection, I can see where my comfort zone is and where the gaps in my collection are.
Nars Unfiltered I Cheek Palette
The Unfiltered II (review here), contains a lot of colors I already own. Familiarity is one explanation for attraction and these shades feel very comfortable to me; I can see exactly how I would use the UF II palette as it contains many shades that are already in my collection but it doesn't add anything new to it. The UF I, however, is slightly different for me as it's only partly familiar. The top row are all somewhat similar to at least one blush in my collection already. The thing is, some of these shades I know I will use; I can visualize using them so the justification to buy it makes complete sense to me. The rest I am interested in experimenting with even if I'm not quite sure how much I will like them. But the more I looked at this palette, the more I want to try and see how it works for me; to try and create some looks and play with style; to be creative with it. If it's a miss? Well, that's the risk you take sometimes and why I'm thankful Sephora has such a generous return policy.
Nars Unfiltered I Cheek Palette
The quality of this palette is on par with the UF II; not quite as satin-y as the Nars singles but pigmented and of solid quality. You shouldn't be disappointed in the quality of the pigments, the shade selection, or the packaging. You will probably find yourself wiping a cloth, your sleeve, or the hem of your shirt on the case cover itself though as that mirror does show fingerprints. It's also not really the ideal case to travel with (it's way too pretty to be shoved in a suitcase). The 3 top shades are perfect blush toppers or for light, subtle highlighting.  The bottom 3 shades, for me, are perfect for a glamorous night out. I don't know about you but a subtle red blush looks amazing with an all black outfit. Good thing I own a ton of black clothes!
Nars Unfiltered I Cheek Palette
So why did I purchase the Unfiltered I? The funny thing is, I wasn’t originally as into this palette as I was the UF I. But sometimes we're attracted to the unfamiliar; things that are new and exciting. My initial thought regarding the UF I was really the presence of the red shade. I never wear red blush. I don’t own a single red blush in a palette or a single compact because I’ve never felt inclined to go out and buy one. It's scary and reminds me of something my grandmother might wear. However, I kept looking at the palette (it’s gorgeous how could I not?!) and rearranging the shades in my head. Once I separated each pan, looking at them as single pans instead of the nicely, strategically thought out design Nars has them placed in, I was less intimidated by the palette than I initially had been. The other shades checked off. I love peaches so that top row are clear winners; I'd use those shimmer shades a ton as blush toppers. The purple-y shades aren’t something I wear all that often but a lot of that is because I a) don't own hardly any purple/mauve blushes and b) I don't have much experience with these shades of blush so I don't have a formed opinion on them yet. So those could be a hit or a miss but I'm open to trying something new. And I kept looking at the red shade and I arrived at the conclusion that if I ever were to own a red shade, this would be it.

The bottom line? Think about how you will use a product that you are attracted too, especially if it's a product like this with a variety of options of how to wear it. Now, I have a red and I probably won’t ever need another one, I have a palette to play around with and be creative with and the other shades will all get used in this luxury and “somewhat” practical purchase. Of course, you don't need to spend $59 on a blush palette to play around with new and exciting colors. But if a Limited Edition, luxury buy is needed in your world, this isn't a bad option at all.

Looks Using This Product
Blush & Highlight: NARS Unfiltered I
Lipstick: Bite Beauty Edgy Neutrals Amuse Bouche in "Porcini" (review here)
Eyebrows: Anastasia Beverly Hills Dipbrow Pomade in "Caramel"

Comments

Recent Posts Readers Are Loving