Charlotte Tilbury ~ Naughty & Nice Magic Box! | Review


My grandmother used to buy me an advent calendar every Christmas. One of those paper ones with the little chocolate nestled behind the little paper door. Wonderful, fond memories of my childhood.

Advent Calendars are a classic part of the holiday season, and they aren't just for kids! I spoiled myself when I saw this advent calendar by Charlotte Tilbury, filled with 12 best-selling makeup products, and added it to my cart.


I didn't know about these advent calendars until a couple days before I ordered mine. I have no idea how long this one had been for sale on CT's website or Beautylish. I had had a page from CT's website up on my computer screen for days, as I just loved the artwork. I actually saved a screenshot of some of the artwork to my desktop, so when I was poking around on her website and found this box, I went a little nuts.

The doors of the box open to reveal 12 drawers, each containing one of the products listed below, nestled inside with crepe paper. I have been wanting to try a handful of CT's products but didn't want to commit to an entire bottle of each of her products before trying them out, so having mini sizes of some of these items is perfect to try them out. You do get some full size products as well!

What You Get!
  • Colour Chameleon in Mesmerising Mink (1.6 g)
  • Eyes to Mesmerise in Jean (7 ml)
  • Lip Lustre in Unleash Me (3.5 ml)
  • Matte Revolution Lipstick in Walk of Shame (3.5 g)
  • Full Fat Lashes Mascara in Glossy Black (3.04 g)
  • Goddess Skin Clay Mask (15 ml)
  • Charlotte’s Magic Cream (15ml)
  • Multi-Miracle Glow 3-in-1 Balm (15 ml)
  • Rock ‘N’ Kohl Eyeliner in Amber Moon (0.8 g)
  • Supermodel Body (15 ml)
  • Take It All Off Eye Makeup Remover (30 ml)
  • Wonderglow Face Primer (15 ml)
The lipstick, a matte formula in shade "Walk Of Shame", is full size and a really nice, wearable red shade. The first layer applies sheer but it can be built up in opacity. The swatch picture below is 3 layers.


The Lip Lustre lip gloss in "Unleash Me" is a stunning, deep berry shade.


The Eyes to Mesmerize in "Jean" is a very pretty, soft pink-gold shade. It applies evenly, is opaque, and a little goes quite a long way. I could probably use this little jar every day for a month and not run out.


The Colour Chameleon is a cool-toned metallic, silver-brown shade. It reminds me of an old MAC eye pencil I had and loved. The Rock'N'Kohl Eyeliner is really nice as well. The downside is that both of these products require sharpening and I'm just not a fan of liners I need to sharpen so I probably wouldn't purchase either one of these in a full size.

T - B: Unleash Me, Walk of Shame, Amber Moon, Mesmerising Mink, Jean (Indoor Lighting)
T - B: Unleash Me, Walk of Shame, Amber Moon, Mesmerising Mink, Jean (Natural Lighting)
I'm very excited about the skincare that comes in this box; it provides a little taste of everything! Moisturizer, a clay mask, primer, body lotion. A wonderful little kit of luxury face and body products.

The packaging of each of these products is quite nice as well. Charlotte Tilbury, to me, has a line known for not only quality products, but luxury packaging and presentation. The facial products in particular and the Eyes to Mesmerise packaging really do exhibit luxury presentation. The Eyes to Mesmerise, in particular, is all frosted glass and quite heavy. With these products, I don't feel like I'm getting a smaller product in cheap packaging, like how many companies make cheaper, plastic versions of deluxe-sized products. I feel like I'm getting a mini version that is representative of the full size.


Now onto the box itself!

The box is made of a sturdy cardboard. Not that Styrofoam cardboard that is light and flimsy, but like what a children's hardcover picture book might be made out of. For the price, I do wish it was made of plastic. The cardboard works; it is sturdy, it doesn't feel cheap, but if it were made of a nice plastic that'd be the icing on the cake.


Some of the drawers can be a little tricky to open. The drawers are a decent size and will be great for storing things for easy access on your makeup counter or vanity. The artwork on this box is my favorite compared to the ones released in previous years. I probably wouldn't buy this every year since I'l have tried all the products and purchased full-sizes of the ones I want to keep using, but if you're attracted to this box and want to try a whole array of Charlotte Tilbury products, this would be a good way to give them all a shot.

This can be purchased directly from Charlotte Tilbury or on Beautylish!

Comments