Products I Bought During Past Sephora VIB Sales | What Do I Think of Them Now?


With the Sephora Spring Sale starting this week for Rouges and next week for VIB and Beauty Insiders (YAY!), I wanted to do a post recapping my thoughts on some of the products I've purchased during past Sephora sales. I find that a lot of the time during these sales, people tend to go ham to save money as it's easy to justify spending money "because sale". However, if you never use the product or didn't use it as much as you wanted to, it may not have been worth it even if you got a percentage off the original price tag.


Viseart Warm Mattes Eyeshadow Palette
If you haven't used one of the Viseart 12-pan matte palettes, what they say is true. This is my favorite and most used workhorse palette and I always want one (or more!) in my collection. I reach for it often because it's reliable and easy to use. If you know what kind of shades you like and use the most (cool/warm) pick up one of these to use as your everyday palette. You won't be disappointed.

NARSissist Loaded Eyeshadow Palette
This Limited Edition product has been around for nearly a year. I believe it launched in March 2017 so "Limited Edition" seems like a bit of a stretch for a product that's still available over a year after it launched. That being said, I'm not complaining because it's a really nice product. If you want some pigmented, cooler toned shadows in both shimmer and matte finishes, take a look at this one. Do be wary though, the mattes in this palette can pack quite a punch so go in lightly  and build from there!

Burberry Nude 407 (left) & Dior 420 Underground (right)
Dior Addict Lacquer Stick in "420 Underground"
This is one of my favorite lip products and I highly recommend it if you're interested in balm-like lip formulas with a creamy, opaque, shiny finish. The shade is described as pink-nude but on my lips it appears to be more of a cool nude. The stunning packaging aside, I just love this one and it was my favorite neutral shade in the initial collection launch. I plan to pick up "654 Bel Air" (a rosy nude) during the Spring 2018 sale.

Burberry Lip Velvet Lipstick in "Nude 407"
This is one of my favorite matte formulas. Again with the classic packaging, the shade isn't anything we haven't seen before but I adore this one as a go-to, goes with anything, fancypants lipstick. Not much is more classy than Burberry =)


Erborian Solid Cleansing Oil
This is my favorite oil-based makeup remover. I use this in the shower nightly after using my micellar water (which I sometimes forget to use). I take about a pea and a half sized amount and work it into my skin, rinse, the follow with my cleanser or exfoliator. It really helps take off some of the extra stubborn products that I use almost daily (like the Marc Jacobs Highliner Eyeliners which I absolutely adore).

OLEHENRIKSEN Sheer Transformation Perfecting Moisturizer
This is the skincare product in my collection that gave me visible results the fastest. If you have textured skin, I have more minimal textured skin so I'm unsure how quickly it will work if you're more heavily textured. But I think it's worth trying at the very least. My skin feels smoother and looks smoother since using this. The downside is that I really have to keep using this to get those results. If I stop using it for a week, my skin isn't as smooth. I'm on my second jar (which I bought during the Winter 2017 sale) and am about halfway through it.

Boscia Revitalizing Black Hydration Gel
I had a sample of this that I stretched out over three days and loved how it felt on my skin. I am unsure why the full size jar didn't seem to have as intense an effect. It might just be me, or maybe compared to my other skin care products it just didn't live up to my expectations. I use it on my neck just to use it up as it does feel nice on the skin if you like a cooling, almost tingling sensation. But as far as performance goes, it did not do much for my sensitive, combo-leaning-oily skin.

I do like how the jar is one of those pumps where you take the lid off and push down on the top and the product comes out; that's hygienic and I like when jarred products are designed like that.


Peter Thomas Roth Cucumber Gel Mask
I have two deluxe size tubes and I really liked the product so I bought a full-sized jar (5oz worth of product) during the Winter 2017 sale. This stuff lasts forever. I use the product 2-3 times per week in the amount of a large-sized pea. I am almost done with only one of the deluxe sized tubes (and I still have a second one to go through!). Needless to say, I am going to just save that second deluxe tube for travel and finally open the full-size jar.

I have some pink in my cheeks and face, not rosacea level of redness but enough that I like to tone it down a little. I also have sensitive skin which is typically on the oily side but can become quite dry fast depending on climate and if I stop using facial products. This stuff is great if you want a cooling, refreshing product to apply at the end of your skincare routine. It will help soothe the skin and tone down redness. I use it at night on evenings when I've used my facial steamer and exfoliated to help soothe and calm my skin. It's on the pricey side but if you are into skincare, this product will last you a good long while.

Thank you for reading! <3

Comments

Recent Posts Readers Are Loving