Ciate London x Jessica Rabbit Collection | Review


Ciate London partnered to do a collection featuring none other than the famous redhead, Jessica Rabbit. This Limited Edition collection features a 9-pan eyeshadow palette, a highlighter, and a red lipstick infused with glitter. I'm unsure exactly who is carrying all three items, but it looks like they are all available on Sephora.com (though the set of all three items which will save you a few $ if you buy them all together, is Out Of Stock, all three items are sold separately and are available on Sephora's website.


I'll start with the positive: the packaging is to die for. Can you say "va-va-voom?!?"

The bad news? The collection is mediocre (in my humble opinion at least)


Jessica Rabbit Eyeshadow Palette
Unfortunately, this palette was disappointment in an adorable plastic case. Sheer disappointment. And I do mean 'sheer' in that there is zero color payoff. First swatches told me the shadows are dry and dusty; they feel like chalk (and gave me that same uncomfortable feeling I get when touching chalk--like I want to go and wash my hands IMMEDIATELY).


The packaging of this collection is adorable, and I'll be honest, if I wasn't a redhead and being asked to dress up as Jessica Rabbit for Halloween wasn't something a ton of people have suggested I do, I likely wouldn't be keeping this. That is the only reason I'm keeping this, because it might make a cute compact or I can use it to store hair ties and bobby pins or something. Anything is better than the shadows that lay underneath the cover.


The highlighter is better, although it's not my favorite highlighter by any means. It works well, it does what it's intended, but it leans more cool-toned and therefore could look muddy on some complexions. That being said, it's not chunky or overly glittery, and the embossed image of Jessica Rabbit is a cute touch (though it will disappear once you start using the product). The case will make a cute compact when I'm done with the product, so that's something.

Eye shadow palette swatches (Highlighter swatch is on the far left)
I actually didn't buy the lipstick originally as I a) have too many red lipsticks and I don't wear red a whole lot, and b) it has glitter in it which is awesome but like, I will literally only wear this for Halloween. However, my boyfriend bought it for me as he thought I should have the full set. I don't have pics right now but will likely add some when I can get some good natural light with sunshine to really show off that glitter (ie, it's raining a lot in Washington state right now).

Ciate London is a Cruelty Free brand <3

Thanks for reading!

Comments

  1. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete
  2. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete
  3. In this regard, Packaging Ninjas is making custom presentation boxes. You can get it for wholesale business and for family functions. These boxes look elegant in different designs and styles. To get highly customized packaging display boxes place your order and enjoy amazing deals. To get outstanding presentation boxes contact us and familiarize us with your requirements custom printed boxes.

    Cardboard Cigarette Boxes
    CBD Bath Bomb Boxes
    Custom Printed Cigarette Packaging Boxes
    Custom Candle boxes

    ReplyDelete
  4. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete
  5. You have really done great job by sharing the beautiful post. Thanks lot for the informative post. Learn more about custom palette packaging boxes

    ReplyDelete
  6. Thanks for sharing this article, I really impress your work. Such a great knowledge you shared with us. Want to get unlimited cookies in Cookie Clicker? If you’re looking for the best cheat codes, click here and download cookies clicker hack now

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment