Peachy Palettes by Too Faced | Spring Fling Edition


Now that Spring is in full bloom and the Sephora VIB Sale is right around the corner, I am busting out some Too Faced products that I haven't touched since Spring/Summer of last year. These three palettes are from the "Peaches and Cream Collection". I'm so behind on posts I want to write that I scrapped my initial reviews of the Face & Eye palette and the White Peach palette and am finally reviewing them now! I have already reviewed the Just Peachy Velvet Mattes palette, which you can find here <3


The packaging is cute, and I like how there is a clear and consistent style and size to the palettes; they all seem to go together. The casing is plastic with gold trimming. The cover has that plastic-y stickiness to it so the palettes do stick together if you put one on top or next to the other, so be mindful of this to avoid them sticking together and then one of them falling and breaking. The packaging is stable and travel friendly.


Sugar Peach Wet and Dry Face & Eye Palette
The most recent Too Faced product I acquired is the Sugar Peach Wet and Dry Face & Eye Palette. I am a sucker for face palettes and this one grabbed my attention easily. It smells like peach (a scent I am familiar with given the below peach-scented products, along with the Sweet Peach palette (review here), and other peach-themed products that inundate the Too Faced portfolio.


This palette can be used both wet and dry (though I don't typically use it wet because I am lazy, the shades will be more vivid if you do use it with a wet brush). The colors are the kind of colors I gravitate towards, which is why so many of my face palettes look similar. They are opaque, blend into the skin well, and deliver consistent color across each shade.

There is sparkle in all four of the shades, so be prepared for that, but I wouldn't say the pans are overflowing with an abundance of chunky glitter. In the swatches above, the second shade from the right looks like it doesn't have glitter in it, but it does, it's just not the satin-y formula that the other three shades are (which really brings out the glitter in the photos).


I like that this was marketed as a face and eye palette and not just as a face palette. Though I admit, I only really use it for my face. For me, two of these work well as blushes, one works well as a bronzer for days I really want that glowy bronze goddess look (ie perfect for summer!), and one works well as a highlighter.

Just Peachy Velvet Matte Eyeshadow Palette
I already reviewed the Just Peachy palette (refer to my previous review here), but I wanted to include it again now that I've had and been using the product for over a year. I still really enjoy this palette (it's actually neater than I expected it to be) though I've found that as I've dabbled into the matte formulas of other brands, there are some clear discrepancies. To the touch, the Just Peachy formula is quite dry and almost chalky. The shades don't apply patchy as would likely be the case with other, drier shadows, but it isn't my favorite formula personally. I wouldn't balk away from it just because the formula is drier as the shades do look lovely on the eyes.


There is one shade that has glitter in it and I have no idea why all the other shades are matte except for this one ("Sangria"). This shade is also incredibly dry. I find it applies best with a wet brush and personally, I only use it on the lid and the lower lashline.


White Peach Eyeshadow Palette
The White Peach palette I bought when it went on sale for $24 at Sephora. For that price, I'm pretty happy with it. But for $48, I think it's lacking a little.


First off, I don't know why there is a deep blue shade as well as a black shade. The deep blue shade is a different formula as it contains glitter, but shadows like this are usually cool-toned and can end up looking muddy as the undertones are quite grey. This one sort of just barely passes the "not muddy" line, so I view it as passable. Not stunning, but decent. But to have two cool-toned dark shades doesn't seem necessary and I wish they had ditched the black and added another peachy shade instead (moar peach!)


The matte shades are like those in the Just Peachy Velvet Matte palette; on the powdery, drier side. Not as powdery and soft like the ABH formula, but nowhere near the denseness of a formula like Pat McGrath. The addition of the satin shades in this palette are welcome to me, and I wish that the Just peachy had a few satin shades as well.



Too Faced is a Cruelty Free brand <3

Thanks for reading!

Comments

Recent Posts Readers Are Loving