KKW Heart Emoji Fragrances | Review


The pack that contains all six of these is sold out on KKW's website, but each individual heart is still available. Don't worry, buying all six in the pack gives absolutely no advantage--the cost of buying all six together or all six separately totals the same amount, and you don't get anything extra for buying all of them together (something I am actually a little bitter about--$180 for all of them and we couldn't get a cute little tray to line them up on and take our pics with?! Come on Kim).

Last year for Valentine's Day, three of these were released (Bae, BFF, Ride or Die). This year for VDay, we saw those same three were released once again and three new fragrances were added to the collection (Wifey, Baby Girl, Baddie).


Each heart costs $30 and contains 1oz of product. They come neatly packaged in their own individual box that has that slightly rubberized "feel" to it.


As I so often do, we'll start with the packaging: These ah-dorable little hearts are made of what feels like plastic glass, meaning, they aren't glass, but they almost feel like it. They are heavy, and if dropped on a hard surface, will likely break. They have that "rubberized" feel to them, which is something I personally really like.


Now, onto the fragrances!

Bae: Floral. Mandarin and kiwi, jasmine and gardenia. Vanilla and sandalwood

Ride or Die: Blackberry and plum, jasmine and raspberry nectar, caramel and tonka bean

Baby Girl: Floral citrus (peony, jasmine, muguet). Lightly musky

Wifey: Floral gourmand, citrus of yuzu and pomelo, violets and magnolia, freesia and mimosa, whipped caramel and creamy musks

BFF: Wild berries and star apple. rose petals and pear blossom. Vanilla marshmallow and cedarwood

Baddie: Floral musk. (wild rose, iris, geranium). Lightly musky, woody, and warm

*Wifey is currently sold out on the KKW website but there is a "sign up to be notified" button so it seems likely that it will be restocked

I wore each of these scents at least twice and I also sprayed strips of paper and smelled them directly upon application and then every 5 minutes for a 20 minute time period to see how the scents oxidize over time.

First off, they don't last long. If you take an average perfume, and then take a perfume that lasts for an even shorter amount of time, that's how these perform. I wouldn't actually call them perfumes, they are more like body sprays. Remember those "Bottled Emotions" from the 90s? (way to date myself geez). They are like those. Or those body sprays you get at Victoria's Secret or the Bath & Body Works. Basically, you can get something that smells similarly and performs similarly for waaaaay less (but it won't come in the cute heart emoji packaging!)


My favs, ranked in order by most fav to least fav: Wifey, Ride or Die, Baby Girl, Baddie, Bae, BFF

Wifey really does remind me of sitting poolside surrounded by bushes wafting floral aromas. The magnolia comes out strongly, but it's super pleasant and it plays nicely with the other scents. I think this, along with Ride or Die, is the most "natural" smelling of the scents.

From what I've seen reading comments on Social Media, Ride or Die seems to be the least favored due to it's more unique ingredients and structure. Personally, I love this scent, and I had a hard time deciding if I liked Wifey or Ride or Die more. I think some of the others are favored due to their sweet smelling nature, but Ride or Die stands out to me due to the enticing "fruit scented" aroma.

Baby Girl ends up smelling really nice once it's oxidized to my skin, but it smells pretty acidic for a bit until it reaches that point.  It smells strongly of florals; the peony and jasmine come out strongly, with a hint of grass. Like Wifey and Ride or Die, this one ends up smelling almost natural

To me, Baddie is the most complex of the scents as it smells strongly of grass at first spray, to the point where it's almost too acidic to really enjoy. After letting it sit for fifteen or so minutes, the pleasant aroma of the floral scents hidden underneath come out, but you have to really breathe in the scent to notice this. This one I had to smell multiple times to really get to the floral scents. Once my nose got there, I liked it a lot more, but the overpowering grassy scent masks the pleasant aroma that's underneath for awhile.

Bae is the second-to-least favorite scent. I think the addition of gardenia in this one overpowers some of the other scents making it almost too sweet and yet musky at the same time. I personally don't think I like having the gardenia AND the vanilla and sandalwood. Maybe two of these would work, but I don't love all three of them together.

BFF is my least favorite due to the overwhelming sugary-sweet nature. I think the marshmallow scent is a little too strong that it masks the wonderful scent of the fruit and florals underneath. Almost there with this one Kim (in my opinion), but it's too sweet for me.

Overall, super cute idea Kim, but maybe a little on the steep side price-wise. $15 - $20 each seems more acceptable imo. But hey, if the people will pay for it . . . that's how business works!

Thanks for reading!

Comments

  1. Such an amazing piece of content, loved reading it till rest. hauteher for girls only

    ReplyDelete
  2. I just found this blog and have high hopes for it to continue. Keep up the great work, its hard to find good ones. I have added to my favorites. Thank You. fragrances

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Recent Posts Readers Are Loving