Too Faced ~ Just Peachy Velvet Matte Eye Shadow Palette & Sweetie Pie Bronzer | Review


I am quite behind on product review posts! Too Faced launched their incredibly well themed "Peach Collection" in August, so naturally I'm just getting to my reviews now. If you're into peach, you should find at least one thing to your liking as they came out with an entire line of peach-themed products.

I picked up two items: the Sweetie Pie Bronzer and the Just Peachy Velvet Matte Eye Shadow Palette. 


The bronzer is ridiculously cute but doesn't work for me as a bronzer. If your skin is warm toned with pink and/or yellow undertones, this may look a little orange on you. It did on me. I tend to prefer my bronzers to not have additional pink shades included so I've been using this product as a blush; bronzers with pink in them work much better for me when used this way. It gives that sun-glowy look with a little pink so you do look like you've just been in the sun and got very slightly burnt. 

Too Faced Sweetie Pie Bronzer
The sparkle on the top of the bronzer is an overspray; the bronzer is advertised as matte so while the sparkle effect is super pretty to look at, it is not there to stay and would be way too glittery for me personally if it were. The bronzer, after multiple uses, does still have a bit of a shimmer effect so I wouldn't call it a pure matte. You can see in the below pic there's some overspray on the side of the pan and it's more matte in the middle (also, please note my adorable cat in the background).


Too Faced Sweetie Pie Bronzer + Cat
The scent isn't that great, and this is coming from someone who enjoys the scent of the Sweet Peach palette quite a bit (it smells like peach Trolli ring candies, it's glorious). The Sweetie Pie bronzer smells like peachy chemicals. I don't yak on it or anything, I can tolerate it, but it's not really a pleasant scent and isn't something I would request of a product, no matter how cute the packaging is. I'm not sensitive to smells so I'm keeping this product but I wouldn't want many of the products in my collection to smell like this.


Too Faced Just Peachy Velvet Matte Eye Shadow
The Just Peachy Matte Eye Shadow Palette is nice though it doesn't bring anything new to the table (except for the adorably cute packaging). It's a good palette. I like it, I use it, I'm keeping it. I wear these types of shades often and will get a lot of use out of it. But if you already have these shades and don't need/want more, it's not a "must have". 

Just Peachy Velvet Matte Eye Shadow Swatches (indoor lighting)
For the people who like uber pigmented shades (you know who you are!) this might not be for you. It's not the next ABH Modern Renaissance.  If Modern Renaissance is your jam and you like that formula, the Just Peachy palette will probably underwhelm you. That being said, if you were on the fence about the first Sweet Peach palette Too Faced came out with, you might be more interested in this one. The mattes in Just Peachy are maybe a touch more pigmented than the mattes in Sweet Peach, but less so than in MR. 

I would say the darkest shades are the most sheer so if you want a real dark and opaque outer V or lower lashline, you will have to build it up. The lightest and mid-tone shades are more pigmented than the darkest shades (the 3 shades on the right side of the palette). The shade "Peach Cobbler" in particular is super, super buttery and seems to be a bit more pigmented than the rest so go in a little more lightly than you might with the others. 

The 12 shadows it offers are not overwhelming so if you're just starting out or are one of those makeup enthusiasts who have trouble with palettes because they don't know where to start, this palette is pretty safe in that any shades you use will work pretty much however you use them. They go together nicely and blend easily so there is little worry about "muddiness" after application. 


Just Peachy Velvet Matte Eye Shadow Swatches (natural lighting) 
Overall, it's a good palette that allows the user to slap on 2,3 or 4 shades and the look still turns out nice. It's predictable, dependable, and reliable; one of those easy-to-work-with-mess-free palettes. I've been super lazy in the morning lately and this has been a great palette to keep things simple and mistake free in the wee hours before work. I reach for this palette often, especially when I'm doing my eye shadow in 5 minutes max. 

I'm not terribly interested in getting much else in this launch but there are a few products I'm keeping my eyes on. I tried a sample of the Mattifying Primer which I requested at my local Sephora and I really like it so I will be picking that up during the Sephora or Ulta Winter sales. It blurs quite nicely and definitely provides more of a matte finish. I didn't notice a peach tinge from the primer once I put it on my face, but that could be because my skin is already kind of pink/peachy. I MIGHT also get a lipstick. I've seen a few shades circulating on YouTube and Instagram that I'm liking so I may have to add just one of those to my collection. I'm unsure which one, probably something nude because really, I cannot have enough nudes in my collection. 

For my review of the Sweet Peach Palette (2nd launch) click here!

Thank you for reading! <3 What has your eye from this collection?

Comments

Recent Posts Readers Are Loving