Too Faced ~ Sweet Peach Eyeshadow Palette

Too Faced Sweet Peach Palette
I saw this palette when I was really starting to get into makeup. I was building my collection, coming across past product releases in Google searches during the hours I'd spend poring over swatches online. I came across this palette, which had been released as Limited Edition only a few months previously. Naturally, I was devastated; totally my type of colors and something I would have been all over. So to help curb my curiosity, I started reading reviews, many of which were of sheer disappointment at "lack of pigmentation", "chemical-y smell", and "fall out mess". So I decided it was fate; I wasn't meant to have this palette and even if I had bought it, I might not have even liked it
Too Faced Sweet Peach Palette
 So when I heard Too Faced was doing a second release and the updates on what this release would look like continued to pour in ("it will not be a permanent item", words of reformulation surfaced and various other peachy items were added to create an entire peach themed campaign of insanity) I continued to consider this palette. Did I want it? I wasn't sure. Part of me was sick of the whole peach thing, but part of me wanted to see if it was a product I would actually like. Sometimes, I think we need to be validated in our opinions regarding makeup products: We just want to know if we'd like a product or not and if we don't, we can set it aside in our mind and forget about it, it won't continue to haunt us as that "product that got away".

 So the pre-release happened, with a queue of over 17k people. WTF? Like my goodness. I decided it was fate again, telling me to steer clear away! Then the release happened, and I decided to pass. It wasn't going anywhere. Maybe I'd wait until the Sephora Spring Sale and add it to my "to buy" list for that. Then, Too Faced did a lovely thing and held a Site-Wide 40% off sale for a few days, as an "I'm Sorry" for the release website crashes and all around cluster-fuck that the launch was. Well well! 40% off, site-wide?? Hello! I scooped her up (along with a handful of other products I'll eventually get to reviewing as well).
Too Faced Sweet Peach Palette
Now that Story Time is over, here's my review of the product. Quality-wise, I think it mirrors the 3 Chocolate palettes. If you like the way those perform, you will probably like the way the Peach Palette performs. It is, however, also just a similar style palette. If you remove the turquoise, pink and purple shades in the Chocolate palettes and replace them with the dark blue, purple and peach shades, you have a really similar type of palette. The Semi-Sweet palette is the warm-toned palette of the 3 Chocolate palettes, so you could say the Peach one and that one are the most similar I think.

And just like those palettes, you aren't buying them for those few colored shades; you're buying them for the neutral shades with a few pops of colored, chocolate (or peach) smell and cute packaging. If you're looking at this palette going "omg that Peach Bellini shade" and "omg that other peach shade is to diiiieee foooorrrr", you're probably going to be disappointed. While those shadows apply somewhat decently (I apply with my finger then blended with a brush, or a brush spritzed with a Mac Fix+ type of product will work), those shades aren't the strength of this palette; that's just to give a theme to what would otherwise be another all neutral, brown-toned palette of which a million+ already exist.

The strength of this palette is to give you those neutral shades but in cute packaging and accompanied by a smell according to the theme of the palette. For this purpose, yes, it is a good palette. Even at full price, I reach for my Chocolate palettes often (as well as the Peach Palette). They are great palettes for creating more subtle, everyday looks and for supporting single shadows you might be wanting to use but need neutral-toned base shades to support.

Looks Created 



Comments

Recent Posts Readers Are Loving