My Collection ~ Pink Lips feat. feat. Urban Decay, Yves Saint Laurent, NARS

My latest obsession is pink lipsticks. I don't know why I have a tendency to shy away from pink lipstick shades that skew more "pink" and less "nude" on the color spectrum. If it's not a "dusty pink", "pink mauve" or "MLBB pink", I'm like whoa WHOA now, I have red hair and red undertones and not like gorgeous porcelain skin and you want me to pull this off?!? Well yes, yes I do want that!

I went on a #treatyoself #luxlife #onlineshopping spree during a Valium induced period of fogginess and boredom (jaw issues, needed a muscle relaxant, no big) and my idea of entertainment consisted of me, curled up in bed, Pretty Little Liars on repeat on my Amazon Fire Tablet and about 12 tabs of various pink lipstick swatches open on my phone. Needless to say, in my Valium induced coma, I have enough pink lipsticks to last me until next Valentine's Day.

Now, this post isn't to say that pink can only be worn until VDay comes and once it goes we're onto the next, hot, trendy thing. Pink is a staple for Spring, and who am I to tell you when to wear a particular shade anyway?! I just wanted to do some pink themed stuff!

Urban Decay Vice in "Disobedient"
Urban Decay Vice in Disobedient
 Similar to "Sweep Pop", "Disobedient" is more on the baby pink side of the spectrum. I ordered it online and at first was wary as I thought it might be too pale. It's def not. It's creamy, and feels buttery on the lips. A staple in my now pink-themed lipstick collection for sure.

Urban Decay Vice in "PDA"
Urban Decay Vice PDA
If I hadn't gotten used to Sweet Pop already I might have shied away from this girl, but UD's PDA is a great, creamy pink with a very veiled raspberry undertone. I adore it, this pic really doesn't do it justice. If you want to stray just slightly out of the baby pink realm and into the more bright pink zone without going too far into the deep end, this is a good shade to start with.

Yves Saint Laurent Rouge Volupte Shine Oil-In-Stick in "Ambre Indecent"
YSL
Yves Saint Laurent Rouge Volupte 29 Ambre Indecent
Looking for a sheer red that's not too red that also moisturizes lips and adds shine? Then Yves Saint Laurent Rouge Volupte Shine Oil-In-Stick #29 "Ambre Indecent" is the high end shade you're looking for. This was my first YSL purchase (actually I think this was my first, real, designer, super luxury high end purchase) so it's special to me. I don't wear red much, but this is definitely a wearable red. I can't imagine it not working for anyone. It doesn't actually even look like a red--the bullet in the lipstick definitely makes it appear darker than it does on the lips.

For some reason this shade seems tricky to get your hands on. It's not on Sephora's website (I bought it in my local Sephora store) as apparently it can't be shipped once inside the US or something? I have no idea and I won't pretend that I know how all this stuff works. I just know I saw it in store and couldn't find it later when I wanted to look up the name of the shade.

NARS Velvet Matte Lip Pencil in "Damned"
NARS Velvet Matte Lip Pencil in "Damned"
My favorite magenta shade that I own and my first NARS lip pencil. The staying power on this is amazing, and it feels like nothing on the lips. It's not drying, it's not glossy, it's just there, making magical things happen. If you're wondering what eyeshadow I'm wearing here, it's Colourpop's Super Shock Eyeshadow in "Coconut" (review here). 

Swatches Top - Bottom: Disobedient, PDA, Damned, Ambre Indecent
T - B: Disobedient, PDA, Damned, Ambre Indecent
T - B: Disobedient, PDA, Damned, Ambre Indecent

Comments