Pumpkin Spice Warm & Spicy Eye Shadow Palette | Too Faced | First Look!

 

It's finally that time in the year! Yes, pumpkin spice is back and it's taking over more than ever before! I don't know about you, but I've consumed at least seven pumpkin spice lattes since they were added back onto the menu of my friendly, neighborhood Starbucks. I can't do the whole Pumpkin Spice Oreo's or cereal; that's all a bit much for me, but lattes and muffins are totally on my list of favorite things in Fall. 

Including the new eye shadow palette by Too Faced! Yes, you probably saw this coming, especially after the success of their Gingerbread Spicy palette from two years ago and the Gingerbread Extra Spicy palette from last year. And, much like both of the Gingerbread palettes, I love this one too!

Just like the Gingerbread palettes, you get 18 shades of matte and satin and glitter in a hard, tin case. 

Also, just like its predecessors, it smells like the name: pumpkin spice! I actually find the aroma of this one to be a bit more muted in comparison to palettes like Sweet Peach. I have to put my nose practically into the eyeshadow to really smell it. I exaggerate, but it's not as overpowering as palettes like Sweet Peach.

I know you're here for the swatches, so I'll get right to the point on performance (I see you eyeing those two purple shades in the lower right corner!). I only really had trouble with one of the shades, which, funnily enough, was NOT either of those purples. I actually had difficulty with the cool toned matte mauve (Whipped Cream), which should be one of the easiest formulas to get right. It was super dry and took multiple swatches to get color payoff. It did work, just not as easily as most basic base matte shades should. When applying, it's a little sheer and I had to pack it on a bit under my brow bone. But it worked well enough.

The formulas of each shadow are akin to other Too Faced 18 pan palettes, so you're getting something that is pretty close to the other 18 pan palettes released over the years. The mattes might be a little more on the dry side though. They are not so dry that I don't like them (I just really love the wetter or more powdery matte formulas). Any drier and I likely wouldn't like them (they aren't quite as dry as Jeffree Star's formula, which is pretty much as dry a formula as I can take, and they are not as powdery as Anastasia Beverly Hills). 

I didn't find the satin shades to be much different than the satin shades in previous 18 pan palettes. But I do think the glittery shades might be a little harder and more flaky than usual. Again, not a deal breaker, but I wouldn't want Too Faced to mess with the formula quality any more.

My favorite shades are, well, all of them really (sans Whipped Cream and that dark purple matte). But I definitely appreciate those burnt orange, brown, and yellow tones, and the greenish-gold shades which look SO GOOD on redheads. Ginger Spice is great for multi-use placement, and it isn't too red to use on the lower lashline; it won't make you look ill. Or like a demon. And Sweetie Pie and Pumpkin Spice are always coveted shadow shades in the Fall (hello Paper Tiger by Colourpop!). 

A La Mode and Love You A Latte look a bit similar in the pictures, but A La Mode is more peachy-pink whereas Love You A Latte has that cool, mavue-y undertone which gives it more purple vibes.

Basically, all of them except for Whipped Cream and that matte purple (I know Too Faced just cannot resist adding in a purple). This shade I just use as a liner on my lower lashline.


If you're on the fence and haven't bought the Gingerbread palettes, this is a good one. Too Faced didn't risk anything with this palette (I'm looking at you, White Chocolate Bar palette from 3 years ago. Now that was ABYSMAL). This one is a decent palette that will serve you year-round. I STILL use my Gingerbread palettes even in the summer, that's how much I like them. I admit, I don't like this palette quite as much as I like my Gingerbread ones, but I love the holiday products, especially the tin eyeshadow palettes, which I find to be higher quality than the cardboard ones. I imagine this Pumpkin Spice palette is going to hold a similar place as those on my vanity. 


Posts on the previously mentioned Gingerbread Spicy and Gingerbread Extra Spicy palettes are here and here

Too Faced is a Cruelty Free brand <3

Stay safe, wear a mask, and thanks for reading!

Comments

Recent Posts Readers Are Loving