Too Faced Holiday 2019 Collection | Part I ~ Gingerbread Extra Spicy Palette & Sugar Kissable Body Shimmer


I've really started paying attention to the products and brands that fill me when excitement whenever I use them, regardless of how long I've had the product. I STILL get happy every time I use one of the Too Faced Sweethearts Perfect Flush Blushes. Especially during the holidays, so many products come out that look amazing. But only about half of them get used as often as I'd like because, the majority of the time, I end up wearing the products that give me the most joy anyway!

Too Faced did not disappoint me last year and they certainly haven't this year. As someone who is unfazed by scented products and knows that the turquoise (or purple) shade thrown into every one of their eyeshadow palettes is crap, I am always excited to use their products even months after I've purchased and it's no longer 'new'.

Too Faced released a full on gingerbread-themed collection this year, of which I bought about two-thirds:
  • The Gingerbread Extra Spicy Eyeshadow Palette
  • Gingerbread Sugar Kissable Body Shimmer
  • Gingerbread Bronzed & Kissed
  • Hot Buttered Rum Palette
  • Better Not Pout, But If You Do Keep It Glossy
Unlike last year, this collection is entirely gingerbread-themed. Last year, Too Faced released a great collection, but it was sort of an odd mix of holiday-themed products mixed with peach-themed products. While I love the peach products (yes, I am still obsessed with my Peach palette, thank you very much), the theme just didn't scream HOLIDAY to me. I am pleased to see that everything in the holiday collection this year is really themed in the spirit of the holidays.

The Gingerbread Extra Spicy Eyeshadow Palette


It smells like gingerbread and it is lovely (at least for those of you who aren't bothered my scented products). This 18-pan eyeshadow palette features warm-toned neutrals with orange and pink undertones. I was extremely pleased to see that the shade Half Baked is included as it's one of my favorite shades of all time. Also noteworthy is the shade Candy Queen which reminds me of the shade Electric in the Anastasia Beverly Hills "Subculture" palette. I also find the shade Butterscotch to be unique. It reminds me of Paper Tiger by ColourPop.


The palette that was released last year is one of my favorites in my collection. I just get so excited when I use it, and I've had it and used it lovingly for a year at this point. Naturally, this new one was a day 1 buy for me. 


As you can see, the two palettes are similar with subtle differences. Do you need both? Of course not. But, if you bought the palette last year and loved it (top palette in the pic below), you will likely love this new one too (bottom palette in the pic below).


Beware the turquoise shade since, as prone to Too Faced custom, it is a crap shade. A dry formula with grey undertones, this shade is a mess. Literally. I like last years palette a little bit better as it doesn't have this stupid crappy shade (or an equivalently crappy purple).

See comparison swatches of last years' Gingerbread palette here

*Swatches are taken in natural, outdoor lighting

Gingerbread Sugar Kissable Body Shimmer


Similar to last year, a face and body shimmer powder was also released. Last year, we got a peach scented powder which was, you guessed it! Peachy gold in color. This year, it smells like gingerbread and is a golden-copper color. It's quite warm-toned and I could see it being a little too on the orange side for some. For me, being a warm-toned girl, this is right up my alley.

The powder isn't chunky but it doesn't feel finely milled like many super fine powders would. The actual powder and glitter particles are quite miniscule, but you can still feel the glitter. It's definitely not an all-over face product (unless you really do want to appear glittery all over). Rather, I think it's best used like a highlighter; dusted along the cheekbones, shoulders, and collarbone. 

*Swatches are taken in natural, outdoor lighting

The powder comes in a stupid cute cardboard box with a baby pink puff to apply to your face and body. The box IS rather difficult to open, so just be wary. The powder is sealed when you first open it but once you've removed that seal, just be careful or the powder will likely go EVERYWHERE.


Part II will include the Gingerbread Bronzed & Kissed bronzer and lipstick set, the Hot Buttered Rum Palette, and the Better Not Pout, But If You Do Keep It Glossy lip gloss set. I'll aim to have it posted later this week.

See the Too Faced Holiday 2018 Collection here

Too Faced is a Cruelty Free brand <3

Thank you for reading! 

Comments

Recent Posts Readers Are Loving