wet n wild "Goth-O-Graphic" | Spring 2018 Collection


Goth-O-Graphic "Spring with a holographic edge", Spring 2018 collection. I stalked the site to pick up the box which includes the entire collection for $39.99. Yes, I bought this partially just for the box, but also because I too enjoy this holographic, iridescent, edgy makeup phase we're experiencing currently.

These are the kinds of marketing campaigns I am into and what I get wildly excited about. Sure, having a one-off product release is exciting, but these curated collections with fun themes really catch my eye and make me want to buy it all (which I often do). Also, hence why I splurged on the damn box =P

The entire collection is Cruelty Free and some products are Vegan.



The collection includes:
1 loose highlighter (Moon Tears)
1 stick highlighter (Hell-O Darkness)
2 pressed highlighters (White Raven, Purple Ashes)
4 liquid eyeshadows (Pure Intension, Mystic Dreamer, Goth Tears, Nyctophilia)
3 Liquid Eyeliners (Skull Prayer, Black Butterfly, Pink Coffin)
4 liquid lipsticks (Wicked Pink, Pastel Grunge, Gunmetal Heart, Death to Unicorns)


The two pressed highlighters in this collection are imprinted with a skull, an adorable detail that should not go unnoticed. The shades however, are slightly disappointing. White Raven is nice; a classic icy white. Nothing particularly special about this one but I am a highlighter fiend and enjoy all my highlighter babies equally. Purple Ashes leaves a bit to be desired. It appears to be a cool-toned, pink-purple shade but it actually skews grey in certain lighting which isn't the most flattering on my warm-toned, yellow-pink cheeks. I don't think most looks could pull this off too well, unless you're really going for that zombie look (and zombies were popular maybe 4 years ago, but not really anymore). You can see the grey-ish cast in the swatch pics below.


MegaLast Liquid Catsuit Liquid Eyeshadow & MegaLiner Metallic Liquid Eyeliner

The Liquid Eyeshadows are nice and satisfy my glitter-filled, liquid eye shadow needs. Goth Tears is my favorite (it reminds me of Tonic by Urban Decay, but in liquid form).

I was impressed with the color payoff of the liquid eyeliners. I don't wear liquid eyeliner all that often, especially in fun colors, so I appreciate having a couple at a less expensive price to play around with. They apply nicely. You might need two layers to get opaque payoff though. They have a slight pearly sheen to them.

Swatches left - right (the left 3 are eyeliners, the right 4 are the liquid eye shadows):
Black Butterfly, Pink Coffin, Skull Prayer, Pure Intension, Mystic Dreamer, Goth Tears, Nyctophilia

Bathroom lighting

Indoor lighting

Natural lighting
Highlighters & Liquid Lipsticks

The Liquid Lipsticks, to me, are more like lip toppers. They are on the sheer side and posses a bit of chunky glitter. I think they look more flattering over various lipsticks than on bare lips.

The highlighters are mostly pretty nice, aside from the grey cast that Purple Ashes creates in certain lighting (which I mentioned above). I will probably use this shade as an eye shadow since I don't see myself using it as a highlighter given that grey cast. Moon Tears has small flecks of gold glitter which are quite finely milled. It is a lovely product and the case is stupid cute. It's a fluffy powder so be mindful of it getting everywhere when the canister is open.

Swatches, Left - Right (the left 4 are LL's, the right 4 are highlighters):
Death To Unicorns, Gunmetal Heart, Pastel Grunge, Wicked Pink, Hell-O Darkness, Purple Ashes, White Raven, Moon Tears

Bathroom lighting

Indoor lighting

Natural lighting
Overall, I think this is a super fun collection and I appreciate the edgy take on the unicorn, iridescent, holographic highlighter trend that we've been exhausting lately in the beauty industry. It seems like a lot of people are not impressed with this collection, and while I agree that there are a handful of misses, there are also a handful of hits. Hopefully, this guide will help you pick-and-choose which single items you may be interested in and which you should skip. I think the boxed set is a great buy even if not all the products worked out that well for me (I mean, hell-o, did you SEE the adorable box?!). To be perfectly blunt, I would rather have had 2 stellar lip products than 4 "OK" ones, and if the Purple Ashes highlighter didn't have that grey cast but was even a standard pink glittery highlighter, that would have been ideal for me (food for thought next time WNW!) <3

My only other gripe is minor but that sticky tape that is used to keep products sealed/from being opened is a PITA to get off without leaving a gummy residue behind. Luckily, that sticky tape is only used on the Moon Tears powder highlight and the two compact highlighters, but now each of those products has a bit of stickiness on the case. I know some people can remove this stuff easily, leaving no residue behind (yay for the Goo Be Gone product!), but I am not one of those fortunate souls.

You can shop the collection on Wet n Wild's website.

*I do believe the box set is sold out (unsure if it will be returning) but each item is available individually on the site as well)

wet n wild is a Cruelty Free brand <3

Comments