Beauty Loves for Spring feat. Marc Jacobs Beauty, Cover FX, NARS, Guerlain, Smashbox

Nars, Marc Jacobs, Guerlain, Smashbox, Cover FX
There's so many products to love and try and I buy a whole bunch of it. Each month, I'll be highlighting the top products I've bought (and used) to help you make smart purchasing decisions. Below are my Top 5 Beauty Products for March, plus an Honorary Mention <3

NARS Blush in "Bumpy Ride", $30: Who doesn't love Nars blushes? I don't think I've ever heard someone say anything negative about Nars blushes. If you're into Peachy blushes, this is one you should check out. Especially for Spring and Summertime. A peachy-pink matte shade that gives a lovely spring flush to the cheeks is why I love this product. It's not too peach, and not too pink, it's just right.

Marc Jacobs Air Blush Soft Glow Duo in "Lines & Last Night", $42: Another favorite blush of mine for that peachy Spring/Summer look is the Marc Jacobs Airblush in Lines & Last Night. I also own Night Fever & Hot Stuff from this line which is one of my favorite blushes of all time. I adore it and had to buy another (I'm sure it won't be too long before a third one makes its way into my collection!). This one is more of a creamy peach with a slight sheen. Swirl your brush on one end of the palette for a lighter effect, swirl it on the other for a darker effect. Or blend it all out, whatever floats your boat!

NARS "Bumpy Ride" & Marc Jacobs "Lines & Last Night"
Marc Jacobs Le Marc Lip Creme Lipstick in "Slow Burn", $30: I love this shade and formula so much I used 100 reward points on Sephora.com to buy a deluxe of this for my mom. The formula is very creamy and the shade is perfect for every day (or night) wear. I might have to get the Liquid Lipstick in this shade as well. I love a creamy pinky-nude lip. Side note: the Marc Jacobs Le Marc Liquid Creme Lipsticks are also divine and creamy on the lips).

Smashbox Be Legendary Liquid Lip in "Petal Metal", $24: Speaking of creamy, the new Smashbox Liquid Lipstick formula is insanely creamy. I bought the shade Petal Metal which is a glorious rose-gold metallic. The only way I can describe this formula is this: You know those molten lava cake desserts that a lot of chain restaurants have? You poke the cake with a fork and this hot, gooey melted chocolate just oozes out in delicious goodness? This liquid lipstick formula is like that, except it's not steaming hot. It's molten looking, glorious and basically the exact opposite of a matte liquid lipstick (the Be Legendary Liquid Lip line also offers a High Shine formula). I'll definitely be picking up a couple more of these over time. Side note: the metallics are very metallic. I don't think I can wear mine out in most every day situations. So if you're interested in the metallic formula of these, just be prepared for them to be just that: metallic.

Cover FX Custom Enhancer Drops in "Blossom" and "Halo", $42: It goes without saying that the new Cover FX Enhancer Drops highlighters blew the makeup community away this month. If you hadn't heard of this product before, you most certainly have now! I had had two of the shades from the initial collection on my wishlist for about a year. I was planning to buy them during the VIB Rouge Spring Sale, when the new shades were announced. I bought Blossom and Halo. They absolutely live up to the hype. The swatch picture below really does not capture how unique and gorgeous these are. Halo especially is a unique item in my highlighter collection.  Read the full review here

Honorary Mention
Guerlain La Petite Robe Noir Deliciously Shiny Lipstick in "02 Pink Tie", $32: While Nars is one of those "true love" companies, I admit I have a bit of a crush on Guerlain right now. There's nothing really different or revolutionary about this lipstick. It's balmy and shiny and nice looking. I've added it to my favorites list though, because it's one of two of my first Guerlain items that I've bought and I'm feeling a little extra soft and fuzzy towards them. If you're looking for a good lipstick that will add a little candy to your vanity, these will serve you well. Read the full review here

T - B: NARS "Bumpy Ride", Marc Jacobs "Lines & Last Night", Marc Jacobs "Slow Burn", Guerlain 02 "Pink Tie", Smashbox "Petal Meta;", Coxer FX "Blossom" & "Halo"


What were your favorite products bought (or used) this month?


Comments

Recent Posts Readers Are Loving