Cover FX ~ Custom Enhancer Drops in Halo & Blossom | Review

Cover FX Blossom and Halo
A product I've had on my wishlist for at least 6 months and hadn't gotten around to buying yet UNTIL I heard that new shades were being released. It was then that I decided it was time to take the plunge and buy one of these.

Needless to say, I bought 2: Halo and Blossom
Cover FX Custom Enhancer Drops, Halo & Blossom
The first thing I noticed when I received my order was how much larger the bottle was compared to what I was expecting. Now, that's packaging. There's 0.5oz here so packaging weight and size aside, half an ounce is what you're getting.

However, once I got over the OMG IT'S HERE OMG SO PRETTY phase that lasts anywhere from 45 seconds to maybe 2.5 minutes after the unpacking of a brand new product, I opened the bottles, oogled the liquid goodness, and began swatching. You need very little of this product in one use. I was kind of amazed because at first I had assumed I would buy these, receive my order, and be sort of meh when I received a small sized bottle and would wonder how long it would take me to use the entire half an ounce of product. It will last you awhile. I'm telling you, you won't even need the dropper because it will just put more than you need on your face. Please keep in mind, even after ALL the times I frequent my local Sephora and then some (I am on a first-name basis with at least 4 permanent employees there and 2 of the holiday temps) I somehow never paid attention to this product on the shelves and if I did, I forgot about it immediately (as we tend to do with products that have been on our wishlist for longer than 6 months).
Cover FX Custom Enhancer Drops, Blossom & Halo - Indoor Lighting
Cover FX Custom Enhancer Drops, Blossom & Halo - Natural Lighting
Cover FX Custom Enhancer Drops, Blossom & Halo - Natural Lighting
The thing about liquid highlighters, or at least, these Cover FX ones, is that if you lean towards "oily skin", these may not work great for you as they will just add to the oily look. If I use my backup foundation for too long I tend to get a bit oily, and I didn't love how this product added that "oil-slick shine" to my face rather than just a nice glow. So if you're oily, I'd stick with powder highlights. If you lean towards a dry or normal skin type, these should work very well for you.

How I applied this: I'm embarrassed to admit that I had no idea how to apply this product. And since I hate reading instructions (did it come with one even?) I went in balls deep. I took the dropper, saw how much product was coated around the dropper itself, and just sort of dabbed the dropper lightly (without squeezing the rubber dropper topper thing) onto the back of my wrist. Then I used my finger to apply above my cheekbones, tip of the nose and cupid's bow. You blend it in and boom, there's your poppin' highlight. I'm so tempted to get another during the Sephora Spring Sale ... I've had Celestial and Pearl on my wishlist for awhile now.

Packaging: These come in a solid. metal bottle with a black rubber topper. Just unscrew the bottle for access to the dropper. Don't pull the black rubber piece, you have to unscrew the top. The metal bottle is great. You won't have to worry about possibly dropping this and shattering it; it's quite heavy and durable.

Similar Products: I can't compare Halo to anything in my collection, it's that unique of a shade to me. I'm sure something at least somewhat similar exists out there, but it's not in my inventory. Blossom, however, is similar to other pale pink-rose gold shades. Like Becca's Rose Quartz, Blossom is very similar to that shade but in liquid form instead of powder. When swatching, Blossom does appear a bit darker than Rose Quartz but on my cheeks, they provide a similar look. You can find swatches of Becca's Rose Quartz highlighter here (as well as other highlighters in my collection.

Looks Using These Products
Wearing Cover FX Custom Enhancer Drops in "Halo"

Wearing Cover FX Custom Enhancer Drops in "Halo"
Wearing Cover FX Custom Enhancer Drops in "Blossom"
Wearing Cover FX Custom Enhancer Drops in "Blossom"
Other Products Used (Top 2 Pictures)
Eyeshadow Palette: Urban Decay "Naked"
Blush" Tarte 12-Hour Amazonian Clay in "Fearless"
Lipstick (top pic): Buxom in "Pink Coquette"

Other Products Used (Bottom 2 Pictures)
Eyeshadow Palette: Tarte Rainforest of the Sea Volume II
Blush: Tarte 12-Hour Amazonian Clay in "Risque"
Lipstick: NARS Audacious in "Anna"

Comments

Recent Posts Readers Are Loving