New Loves feat. NARS, Tarte, Marc Jacobs Beauty, Guerlain, Clinique

NARS Loaded, Tarte Celebrated, Clinique Black Honey, Guerlain Spicy Girl, Marc Jacobs Fine(Wine)
Each month, I pick a handful of products that I’ve been loving and want to give a shout out to. Some of them are newer products I’ve recently acquired but have fallen quickly and madly in love with, others are products I’ve had for awhile and find myself loving more and more each time I use them. I'm a little late here with this post, but I'm still loving these products! Below are my picks for May:
Tarte Celebrated, Clinique Black Honey mascara, Guerlain Spicy Girl 323, Marc Jacobs Fine(Wine)
Clinique Chubby Lash Flattening Mascara in "Bodacious Black Honey" - $17.50
I bought this about a month ago and it has quickly become one of my absolute (if not my absolute) favorite mascara in my collection to date. I’ve been on the hunt for brown mascaras as that’s my preferred shade for summertime (and what is with the lack of brown mascaras at Sephora, come on now!). I found this one and with all the chatter and hype about Clinique’s Black Honey Lipstick, I decided to give the mascara a try. Oh my goodness is it stunning. It performs well, applies well, does not flake, and the color is all kinds of gorgeous. A nice burgundy shade, this will be a lovely round-the-clock mascara, particular in the Summer and moving into Fall. It looks amazing with both cool and warm toned shadows. I find myself especially loving it when wear warm brown and orange toned shadows. I think it works for any eye color but if you have blue/green eyes like I do, the contrast is lovely.

Marc Jacobs Beauty Highliner Matte Gel Eye Crayon Eyeliner in Fine(Wine) 47 - $25
A great eyeliner choice to pair with the Clinique mascara. Not only is this Marc Jacobs Beauty Highliner "suede red" shade gorgeous, the formula is stellar quality. They don’t budge, flake and take a bit of effort to remove. When I was at Sephora swatching some of the brown shades, I had the swatch lines on the back of my hand all day (and I wash my hands like 30 times a day), it didn’t come off until I used makeup remover. They are on the pricier side but if you’re looking to splurge, check these out.

NARSissist Loaded Eyeshadow Palette, $59 | Limited Edition
This palette is Limited Edition but it’s still available so I’m going to include it! I’ve never tried NARS eyeshadow before. I’m not really an eyeshadow duo kind of girl so this palette was my first NARS eyeshadow purchase. Over the couple of months I’ve had it, it’s become a staple in my collection. Sure, it’s another neutral palette but as I wear mostly neutrals I enjoy a bit of brand variety in my overwhelmingly neutral collection. The quality of this is superb. I'm really tempted to get a second one and I rarely buy backups even of Limited Edition products. Plus the packaging is <3 Beware of the darkest shade, it is extremely pigmented so approach it gently with your brush.
NARS Loaded Eyeshadow Palette | Limited Edition
Guerlain KissKiss Creamy Satin Finish Lipstick in "Spicy Girl" 323 - $37
Luxury lipsticks rarely disappoint me and Guerlain is one of my favorites when it comes to that perfect mix of gorgeous shades, desirable quality, and glamorous packaging. The KissKiss lipstick collection is one of my absolute favorites, especially in terms of packaging. It brings classiness and edginess into one. And it's heavy; you can feel the weight of the lipstick capsule when you hold it. "Spicy Girl" is one of my all time favorite shades. Especially for redheads, it's just one of those shades that's not quite a red, not quite and bronze, and not quite a neutral either. It's just stunning and I have nothing at all like this anywhere else in my collection.
Guerlain KissKiss Creamy Satin Finish Lipstick in "Spicy Girl" (Shade 323)
Tarte Amazonian Clay 12-Hour Blush in "Celebrated" - $29

I picked this up on a whim during one of Tarte's many sales on their direct retail website. I can't resist their blushes and figured having one more neutral shade couldn't hurt. Instead, I found a great way to use this particular blush. I have a decent amount of pinkness to my cheeks, but the pinkness goes further down than the cheek area so I can't just cover it up with blush or it's way over-the-top. I also have trouble with contouring. As I have both pink and yellow undertones, a contour shade is either too warm or too cool toned and often looks muddy. This Tarte blush works great to blend in with the pink tones below my cheeks and acts as a cool-toned, subtle, neutral contour. I use it daily now and absolutely love it. If you have fair to medium skin with pink undertones and you don't particular enjoy the more brown-toned contour trend, give this a shot.


Looks Using These Products
Using Fine(wine) Highliner, Black Honey Mascara

Guerlain "Spicy Girl" Lipstick



Comments

Recent Posts Readers Are Loving