Nude Eye, Lip & Cheek Sets by Nudestix | Mini Kit Edition


Nudestix came out with two new mini sets this holiday season: one containing three gloss balms for the lips, the other containing three eyeshadow pencils for the eyes. I've included the matte mini eyeshadow set from Nudestix as well as I haven't written about it yet. An overview of each kit is below:


Sexy Nude Gloss Balm Kit
Smokey Gold Eyes Mini Set
Nude Metallics For Eyes

All are Limited Edition, and all are $24


Swatches from each of the three sets from left to right are as follows:

Nude Metallics For Eyes
Smoke
Nudity
Burnish

Smoky Gold Eyes
Chocolate
Copperfoil
Burnish

Sexy Nude Glosses
Crave
J Mama
Babe


As you probably noticed, the two eye kits do have a repeated shade ("Burnish", which is a nude-taupe shade with silver sparkle). A pretty neutral shade so for me I'm not worried about having a duplicate of something I won't use often, but it's worthwhile to call it out in case you are looking at both shadow sets.

The Nude Metallics set is more cool-toned whereas the Smoky Gold Eyes set leans more warm-toned. It should come as no surprise to you that the warm-toned set is my jam. Copperfoil is my favorite shade for the lid (can we say warm, sparkly copper tones again please??). It also looks lovely on the lower lashline. So does Chocolate.

Both sets perform similarly in terms of application and quality of the product. To apply, I take the pencil and draw wherever I want the shadow to be. I outline in the crease, and essentially color in the lid, above the lid, and the outer v. Then, I use my finger (a rather barbaric approach, I know), but trust me, smudging out the shadows, dragging the pad of your finger outward and upward to blend and fade the harsh lines away, then patting to blend the shadows into each other, works quite well.

Another approach I found somewhat successful (though I think using my finger is a more successful approach), is to use a dense buffing brush to blend and fade the shadows. But this wasn't as easy as simply using my finger.



These products do dry down on the eyes quite fast, so I recommend applying one shade, then blending it out, and then applying the next shade, and blending out--rinse and repeat. If you draw onto your eyes first and then go back to blend, they may have dried down already and be too difficult to blend. This is particularly true for the matte shade "Chocolate" (the only matte shade out of the two eyeshadow kits). This shade was more difficult to blend out as it is less creamy than the metallics, and it dried down faster as well.

Wear time was pretty decent. I will say that once these products are applied to the eyes, they won't budge. The metallic shade "Nudity", did crease a little in my outer v (I sometimes have oily eyelids so this might be why). It's easily fixed if you just smudge your finger along the crease to blend it out again.


I love the gloss balms. Nudestix lip pencils, across the board, are some of my favorite formulas for lips. These gloss balms are described as being a gel. They are a thicker formula and have that slight tackiness that I enjoy in a balm. I'm also partial to pencil lip products. With my thin and not very symmetrical upper lip, a pencil makes it so easy to apply.

I don't love cream or gel-like blush products all that much so I can't comment on these as cheek products. They do give a dewy look to the cheeks, but the formula isn't my favorite as I simply prefer powders or the Bite Beauty Multi-Stick cream formula.

I like this set because it's all wearable neutrals that I will get good mileage out of. A cool-toned rosey-nude, a warm-toned peachy-pink nude, and a rosy-nude. If you're a nude enthusiast like myself, what more could you really want?! (OK, maybe quite a lot, but for $24, this is a pretty good deal).

Nudestix is a Cruelty Free brand <3

Thanks for reading!

Comments

Post a Comment

Recent Posts Readers Are Loving