Kevyn Aucoin ~ NUDEPOP Pro Eyeshadow Palette | Overview + Swatches


Kevyn Aucoin is a sorely underrated brand on Social Media, which is quite unfortunate in my opinion. I would love to see more of it on Instagram especially. It is a cruelty free brand that can be found at Sephora, Nordstrom, and Beautylish (to name a few retailers). The brand's contribution to the Holiday 2018 lineup is the new NUDEPOP Pro Eyeshadow Palette. It is Limited Edition and exclusive to Sephora.

The palette contains 12 creamy shadows in matte, satin, shimmer, and metal textures. It's a neutral palette made less basic by the variety of textures that can be used to dress up or down any look. It's also a rather nice blend of warm and cool tones; the warm undertones lean more gold and the cool undertones lean more purple.


This is one of those products that I wish wasn't Limited Edition as it's super basic, versatile, and made with such quality, yet it's somehow not boring. That may be due to the unique cover of the palette (which reminds of a CD cover of a band from the 90s), which differentiates the product from many on the market.


One thing I love (of many) about Kevyn Aucoin's eye shadow formula, is the creaminess of his matte shadows and the opacity of even the palest shades. I can't comment on how these shadows will show up on darker skin tones, but I can say they are true-to-pan color-wise and apply without sheering out, as is often the case with shadows of such buttery consistency. This is especially true of the paler shadows. The darkest purple was the least opaque, but even this shade didn't perform as poorly as many dark purple shadows do. I particularly like this shadow on the lower lash line. 


Another thing I appreciate is the density of the glitter shadows. A lot of the time, especially with these types of chunky glitter shadows, the shadows turn out light and flaky making them prone to fallout and will ultimately require a glitter glue to use. Kevyn Aucoin's formula is denser and even though these shadows feel crumbly to the touch, the particles stick together quite well. I still recommend wetting your brush (or using a finger like I tend to do to apply), and I always recommend using a primer (I use M.A.C Paint Pot) but they pack onto my lid nicely either way with amassing a slew of glitter-mess onto the cheekbones and under-eye area.


*Kevyn Aucoin is a Cruelty Free brand <3

Follow my blog with Bloglovin

Thanks for reading! 

Comments

  1. No doubt this is an excellent post I got a lot of knowledge after reading good luck. Theme of blog is excellent there is almost everything to read, Brilliant post. Eyeshadow Palette Shimmer

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you very much! I'm glad it was helpful and that you enjoyed reading it =)

      Delete

Post a Comment

Recent Posts Readers Are Loving