MAC ~ C'est Chic' Matte Eyeshadow Palette | Nordstrom Exclusive

This is an absolutely lovely, neutral, all matte eyeshadow palette that I'm really curious as to why there is such a lack of content on YouTube about it. For one, this is a true all matte palette, none of the shades have any sparkle or shimmer at all. All the shades bends well, it's pretty clear to me they used a similar formula for each shade as there aren't really any that under-perform compared to others. There is a little kickback but practically no fallout. 3 shades is all it takes for a nice look and you can easily mix/match the shades for a more complex look. There areboth  cool and warm toned shades. Can be built up easily if that's your preference, but I absolutely love this for a softer neutral look. It's absolutely a go-to for my everyday work routine. 
MAC C'est Chic Eyeshadow Palette
The makeup product itself aside, the palette packaging itself is not my favorite. I don't need fancy, decorated, glamorous packaging necessarily but my main issue is that it's so light and thin it could easily break. I'm not prone to dropping my palettes often but this one, if dropped, the clear plastic cover would probably shatter. It's not travel friendly for sure but is quite delicate. It does stay closed easily, but if MAC decided to start making these in a heavier plastic or a metal, I would so be on board.

For $65, one could argue it's pricey. If the packaging was a little bit less "flimsy" I wouldn't hesitate. The quality of the product is worth the money in my opinion, especially if you tend to lean towards neutral mattes, this should already be in your collection. Compared to other products, I'm looking towards the Naked palettes ($54), your key differences are 1) the Naked's are not all matte, so depending on your preference, that might sway you. 2) The MAC palette provides 15 shades whereas the Naked's are only 12. 3) The Naked packaging is certainly sturdier and, I think, a bit more appealing to the eye. 

                       

Comments

Recent Posts Readers Are Loving