tarte ~ Pretty Paintbox Collector's Makeup Case | Sephora Exclusive

tarte pretty paintbox
Similar to what tarte offered for the holiday season last year we have another somewhat bulky collector's box filled with eyeshadows, blush, bronzer, highlighter and mini versions of the mascara, eyeliner and a lip product. While the packaging itself I don't love, the box does the job of keeping the products safe and sound. Bulkiness and packaging design aside simply because I feel that everyone has their preferences regarding these two factors , the actual makeup products, for me, were a bust.
tarte pretty paintbox
Now, I hate negativity and try to only purchase items I intend to love. But sometimes in makeup, it's easy to hit a dud every now and then. This particular product was on my "to buy" list for my first ever Sephora VIB Rouge Early Access Event. I was super pumped and a bit naive to the fact that hey, MARKETING! It's the holidays, quality may be slightly iffy considering this is prime marketing season. I love good, solid marketing and I have no issue paying for it, provided the product quality is solid as well.
tarte pretty paintbox swatches
tarte pretty paintbox eyes





Unfortunately, I bought this product and after playing with it for a week I discovered that it is one of the fussiest palettes I have ever worked with.





The blush was alright, and the bronzers and highlighter, while not stellar, were OK. The eyeshadows were a headache for me. Super fussy, which I just don't have time for. The mattes, especially the pale shades, are very chalky--the product gets everywhere with just a tap of the brush. The other shades have a lot of fallout. The glittery shades pretty much require a wet brush. The ability to blend, for all shades, is basically not there. The colors do stay on all day (at least with primer) and they are pretty once applied but getting to that point is a real drag. It's just not a fun palette to work with, it's frustrating, and makeup should be fun, not frustrating, so I returned this product and recommend putting your dolla dolla bills elsewhere.

Comments

Recent Posts Readers Are Loving