Sephora ~ More Than Meets The Eye Eyeshadow Palette | Sephora Exclusive

I finally picked up one of the black-and-white palette sets from Sephora!


Here we have a nice 32 shade eyeshadow palette of matte and shimmer shades complete with a guide on eyeshadow application and go-to looks (just unfold the cover portion where the mirror is located).

The matte shades are powdery and produce a bit of kick up and fallout. Some shades are a hit and some are a swing and a miss. That’s not to say they are bad, they just require a bit more work than other shades which are nicer to work with.

Most shades swatch nicely while a couple leave a little to be desired. Of course, this is a palette containing 8 large pans with neutral, everyday shades and 24 small pans with accent shades for $36 so yes, some shades will simply provide a nicer experience than others. I think oftentimes people see the color in the pan and think that’s how it will swatch, so it’s immediate disappointment if it doesn’t swatch that way. Those who have experience with a lot of different eyeshadow types and formulas will know going in that the pan and the swatch can’t completely be compared.

The shades that I feel aren’t quite up-to-snuff are:

The darkest blue shade (#23) was a pain to swatch because when I slid my finger over it and moved my finger away to swipe on my arm, a small fleck of the shadow fell in the yellow-gold color. The blue just kinda got everywhere so I’d take extra caution with that one--she’s tricks-y.

The lightest purple shade (#32) is very pale. I use it mostly to add either a fine, purple-ish shimmer to the base or crease shade or to line my lower lash line. It is very pretty but more of a subtle, support eyeshadow to the main effect.

The shades I am loving are:

The yellow-gold shade is one of my favorites. I paired this with the ashy-brown shade (#29) and really liked the turnout. I think it would look really cool alongside a straight up grey shade as well.

The pastel-shimmer shades I am liking a lot. I think some of the disappointment that many reviewers are feeling is because of these shades--either that they require building up or a primer isn’t being worn ... For example, the more vibrant purple shade (#21) I generally wear as a little pop of color on my lower lid or I’ll use my finger to apply a light layer over the base shade on the eyelid. I put an extra thick layer on the upper lid just above the lash line so it pops a bit more and blend it upwards and out.  

The neutral shades in the larger pans in the middle are good. Nothing really special about them color-wise but there’s only so much that can be done to make a shade of brown unique. They work well (application and blending-wise) and look nice so that’s good enough for me.

I particularly like this palette for Winter as there are multiple colors that fit my “Winter Look” for the season. The soft pastels are definitely big in my Winter beauty look this year.
Sephora "More Than Meets the Eye" Swatches

Overall, I’ve been having a lot of fun with this palette. For $36 it’s provided a good source of fun and entertainment. My biggest complaint is that the smaller sized pans are small and I know I’ll want to buy larger pans of some of the shades when I start running low of my favorites. It's not that they are too small for the price because you do get a lot of shades and product, it's that they are just small and some of the shades I love. That’s the one sad thing about many palettes; falling in love with a color and not being able to get it again. *cries*

Comments

  1. Thanks for sharing very nice detailed information. Please check haute her tips

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Recent Posts Readers Are Loving