Perfect Lip Shades for Fall!

We're now deep into the Fall season and heading into Winter! Which means it is now that glorious time when Sephora Rouge and VIBs get their awesome sale! 20% off really adds up I tell ya. During the sale, I couldn't help but stock up on all the amazing lip shades being offered this year. I've always gone for the same-old same-old nude, nude-pink, nude-beige, nude-mauve shades so this year I was determined to GET OUT of my comfort zone. And it's a great year to do just that if you can summon the courage! Of course, I did still get some neutral shades, but you gotta be true to your heart am I right? <3

Below are my recommendations if you want to grab a few new shades for the end of the Fall season! I've included some pics of me wearing some of my new favorite lip products, most of which I picked up during the sale. For each shade, there is one pic in natural daylight and one pic indoors by an open window with natural light filtering in.

Bite Beauty's Amuse Bouche in Thistle has become a favorite shade of mine and I wasn't really sure it would work well with my warm skin tone. Turns out, I think it works pretty well! So don't let "warm" or "cool" throw you off when it comes to makeup because you can definitely mix-and-match!
Bite Beauty ~ Thistle
Another Bite Beauty product, Maple, is also a new fav of mine. It's really difficult to find the "perfect shade of red", because everyone wants something different. It's such a difficult endeavor to find that perfect red. Finishes aside, there are blue toned reds and reds that are too warm or too pink or too brown or TOO RED. It's trying, so I am not here to say that Maple is the end-all-be-all of red lipsticks, but I find the shade is absolutely lovely for Fall and I think would flatter most skin tones.
Bite Beauty ~ Maple
Anastasia Beverly Hills Liquid Lipstick in (Limited Edition) shade Ashton is a new staple in my collection for a slightly burnt orange-brown shade on the medium toned side. This shade does "pill" and cake a little if you apply a layer over the first that may have started to come off. So I recommend wiping it off entirely, applying some lip balm and then putting a second coat over the balm if you need to reapply.
Anastasia Beverly Hills ~ Ashton

Smashbox's Always On Matte Liquid Lipstick in Driver's Seat came in my October Sephora Play! box and I absolutely love it. A great color, not too dark that it's obvious you're wearing lipstick but not too light that it's super close to the natural shade of your lips but a perfect, just right medium warm toned nude-pink shade. I will absolutely repurchase this regardless of what season it is. It stays on well so I do think it's deserving of the long-wearing title. When I swatched this and Smashbox's Out Loud (see below) it was the most difficult of all my liquid lipsticks to wash off my arm. I will never be without this color.
Smashbox ~ Driver's Seat
I'll be adding to this post with a few more (Smashbox's Always On Matte Liquid Lipstick in Out Loud, Kat Von D's Studded Lipstick in Double Dare - a Limited Edition product based off a fav shade out of her Liquid Lipstick line, and a Make Up For Ever lipstick that I forget the # of. I also picked up a YSL lipstick that will be a go-to shade for me this Winter)

Comments

Recent Posts Readers Are Loving