Sephora Rouge & VIB Sale Recommendations! 20% off Code: 20ROUGE OR 20VIB


It's that time of the yeeeaaaar! This was my first Sephora Sale as a Rouge member and I will admit (like probably A LOT of you) that I went a little hard on my wishlist. I have been searching high and low for skincare, powder foundation, and Fall lip shades so the bulk of my purchases fall into these categories (plus holiday gifts because that's a thing right?!). I'll be providing reviews/swatches/pics etc. of all the products I purchased over time, but for right now due to DIRE URGENCY since the VIB sale is in swing (and Rouge's you MAY be able to still get 20% off but you may have to go in store--this is not confirmed though) I am providing some recs and the items I did buy and why for you guys. I want to test the products for a bit, but I will do full reviews as I start to feel I have a good grasp on each product!


Recommendations!
It looks like Sephora made sure to stock up on some highly desired products which is really nice to see. The Modern Renaissance palette by Anastasia Beverly Hills is high on my rec list. If you're into warm pinks, reds and just overall Valentine's Day-ee colors, this is the palette for you. The quality is there and if you can keep the lovely pink velvet packaging clean, it's a real pretty piece to own.

I stocked up on Fall shades because I am absolutely into the burnt oranges, crisp reds, and cool grey-brown shades this season. Bite Beauty's Maple and Thistle, ABH's Liquid Lipstick in Ashton (Limited Edition) and Smashbox's Liquid Lipstick in Out Loud are on point for Fall. Throw in Too Faced's Liquid Lipsticks in Chihuahua and Cool Girl and I am good to go. I also grabbed the Smashbox Light It Up Lipstick set (my boyfriend said it was a "good buy" so why not add that little gem to my tab too?!). But in all honesty it is a really good buy and the box will be great to repurpose and use for hair ties or something in my bathroom drawer. I also bought a lovely Yves Saint Laurent Rouge Volupte Shine Oil-in-Stick Lipstick in shade 29 Ambre Indecent (which seems to not be online in the US but they had in store). It's a very pretty red-pink shade that feels more like a balm than a lipstick so it's great to help keep that moisture in for the Winter season.

It's a great time to pick up the Kat Von D Shade & Light Eyeshadow palette if it's been on your wishlist. For $46 (retail price) the 20% makes it a great buy. Pair this with any colored eyeshadow palettes you've got (I'm looking at you Urban Decay Full Spectrum!) and you can make some really fun looks.

The Too Faced Melted Liquid Lipsticks in Cool Girl and Chihuahua are great, coler toned shades for Winter. The formula is nice and they are easy to carry around in your bag.

I couldn't resist the Hourglass Ambient Lighting Blush in shade Diffused Heat. If you're into peachy-gold shades with a little sparkle (very fine, not chunky glitter) then this is a great shade for you.

I am really liking the IT Cosmetics Your Skin But Better CC+ Perfecting Powder. It's light and doesn't feel powdery like most powders but seems to settle into the skin quite nicely. It also doesn't feel powdery; it doesn't feel like a cream but it doesn't feel dry like a powder. It's just nice. The IT Cosmetics Bye Bye Redness Neutralizing Correcting Cream (review HERE) is also a winner (probably one of the best purchases I made in this haul), especially if the green color-correctors you've been desperately praying will work just aren't.

I've been on the hunt for a great moisturizer since my Origins GinZing Energy-Boosting Moisturizer doesn't work great with my skin type. The smell is incredible though so I use it on my neck which works great. The Dr. Jart+ Water Fuse Water-Sure Gel is great for me so far.

I wanted to try a new Setting Spray as the Nyx Matte one has alcohol in it and doesn't mesh with my skin type very well (a little on the oily side) and a Redditor on MakeupAddiction suggested this Make Up For Ever one. So far I am liking it but the smell is a little funky. Redditors have confirmed that this seems to be normal for the spray so I'm not concerned, just be prepared for it to have a slightly odd odor when you first spray it. It seems to do a decent job holding makeup in place, but I can only compare to Nyx Matte spray at this point.

The Cookie Ice Cream lotions, L'Occitane Limited Edition Shea Butter Hand Cream and Shea Travel Treats, TOCCA Crema Veloce Hand Cream Set, and the First Aid Beauty Winter Skin Savers are all gifts for friends and family. They will make great Stocking Stuffer's or to put in little gift bags as well. I also picked up the Sephora Face Mask Collection which is a really good buy, and they make great Stocking Stuffers as well.

I bought a refill of the Sephora Makeup Remover because it's pretty decent for the price. I really have zero inclination to buy a designer makeup remover (I'd rather spend my hard earned cash on pretty stuff) so if it does the job easily I'm fine with it. This does just that. $15 per bottle which last me a couple months and I'm good to go.

The Marc Jacobs Highliner Gel Eye Crayon Eyeliners are expensive yet so lovely, which is why now is a perfect time to try one if you haven't already. I now have 5--Jazz(Berry), (Luna)Tic, Peridot, Orange Crush!, and Ody(Sea). They are a great way to add a little pop of color to any everyday look without going overboard. They glide on smoothly and don't require a sharpener (which I personally can't handle so I never buy products that need sharpening). These are just fun little additions that you can use with any look. Plus the packaging is so pretty for an eyeliner.

The Philosophy Clear Days Ahead cleanser is great and a good price for the amount you get I think.

I haven't tried the Hourglass Immaculate Liquid Powder Foundation yet but the price is pretty steep so it better be awesome. This review will come once I have tried it out a bit and can provide a full review.

Comments

Recent Posts Readers Are Loving