New Natasha Denona! Diamond & Blush + Duo Chrome Top Coats for Spring 2018!


Natasha Denona released a stunning line of products for Spring 2018. If you're into the "glitter and glow" look, this is a fantastic line to splurge on (I know I did!). She released two Diamond & Blush palettes and three new top coats, this time in a duo chrome formula. I picked up the palette in "Citrus" (the other palette is called "Darya" and is more pink toned--I'm planning to pick this up during the Sephora Spring sale in April =P ). I also got all three top coats (shades are Burnt Terracota/Green, Brown Mauve/Purple and Lavender/Gold and Silver).


The Diamond & Blush palette is stunning. It's one of those products where you speculate if the product will look as wonderful in person as the pictures show online. I can assure you, it does. It is a gorgeous product. The packaging is a lovely baby pink, is made of hard plastic, and is quite large in size. What the product claims to be on Sephora's website:

"A new, multiuse formulation with a sheer coverage. This cheek palette was created with a diamond-like sparkle, based on Natasha's idea of a new generation of glow. Use it to play and achieve a wide range of finishes and looks—from natural to extreme. Create a duo-chrome or diamond glow. The palette also includes a new cream blush, as well as Natasha’s classic powder blush."

I wouldn't say this is necessarily a "sheer" product as the cream blushes, especially the deeper coral shade in the top-middle pan, are quite pigmented. Each shade can be built up so you can absolutely pack-a-punch if you want to. (Seriously though, go in lightly with that deep coral shade, its power is ridiculous).

The "diamond-like sparkle" description lives up to my expectations as there is a lot of shimmer, glitter and shine happening in every shade except the two blushes. I'll go into detail about each pan below.


The cream formula in this product is different than many I've tried and I really like it. It's almost like a "wet powder" which I really enjoy as it's easy for a cream product to be a tad too oily and/or greasy. Cream products don't always work for me so this "wet powder" formula is perfect for those who are looking for a good go-between formula. The top-left and top-middle pans (cream base and cream blush) are in the cream formula whereas the other four are powders. The top row has a plastic cover that flips up-and-down easily. This is a must have for palettes that have both cream and powder products near each and it works as intended. I'll explain a little bit about each below:

Glow Cream Base (top left): I use this (lightly) as a blush/bronzer base on the high points of my cheekbones, then I apply blush as normal over the rest of the cheeks. This gives a slightly tanned effect without the risk of going overboard and making the face appear orange, as it most likely would if applied as a normal bronzer. I use a flat, denser blush brush for the cream, products as it is a bit difficult to pick up with fluffier blush brush.

Cream Blush (top middle): Like I said above, it's a super pigment blush in a gorgeous, deep coral color. Feels almost like a damp powder. I use a denser flat blush brush to apply this.

Duo Glow Highlighter (top right): As a zealous fanatic for anything highlighter yellow, this shade was probably half the reason I bought this palette in the first place. It is NOT a gold or yellow gold color. It is straight up the color of Mountain Dew with duo chrome yellow sparkle particles thrown in. It's fantastic.

Diamond Powder (bottom left): Sheer with gold and silver glitter particles. Gives a stunning "wet" look. Can be used as a glittery highlight or all over the eyes. Perfect for no-makeup-makeup looks with a little sparkle effect for fun.

Powder Blush (bottom middle): Lovely pink blush shade. Easy to apply and work with. Is not as pigmented as the Cream blush but can be built up nicely. Works fine with any blush brush I used.

Glow Extreme (bottom right): Similar to the Diamond Powder but with more glitter. Is more bronze in tone rather than gold/silver.

Top Coats are the 3 on the right. Diamond & Blush palette swatches are on the left.
You get a lot of product in each pan so if these shades and formulas speak to you and you will use them often, this is really worth looking at.

- 0.25 oz/ 7 g Glow Cream
- 0.25 oz/ 7 g Diamond Powder
- 0.25 oz/ 7 g Cream Blush
- 0.25 oz/ 7 g Powder Blush
- 0.25 oz/ 7 g Duo Chrome Highlighter
- 0.25 oz/ 7 g Extreme Glow

Natasha Denona's Top Coats are right in line with the current "wet eye shadow" trend. This product is  the duo chrome version and is described on Sephora's website as:

A new, multiuse formulation with a sheer coverage. Based on Natasha's Duo Chroma eyeshadows, the Duo Chrome Top Coat can be applied on bare lids, on top of eyeshadow, or on top of lipstick for a dazzling, duo chrome effect. The formula is long-lasting, crease proof, waterproof, and is easy to build to your desired level of sheer or semi-sheer coverage. It’s creamy to the touch, and gives a natural, lustrous, glass-like effect thanks to its richness in chroma crystals.

The product is essentially a clear or lightly tinted formula infused with fine, duo chrome glitter particles to give a sheer, "wet" and "glass-like" look. The product achieves this well. I wouldn't say it gives a natural effect though, I mean it's very glittery so I'm not seeing how that equates to "natural". 

These are long lasting and crease-proof. I usually wear over bare eyelids or my MAC Cosmetics Paint Pot (shade Painterly). I'm unsure if they are waterproof but I would not be surprised if they were just because the texture feels capable of repelling water.


I mostly wear this product on my bare lids when I'm going for the no-makeup-makeup look, complete with sparkle and glitter. This product is perfect for this look, or any other look aside from something completely neutral. I've never worn these on the lips though I imagine that could look really cool. I'm unsure what the lasting power would be though, especially if eating or drinking I don't see these lasting all that long.

Natasha Denona products are Cruelty Free <3

Brown Mauve/Purple Duo Chrome Top Coat

Burnt Terracota/Green Duo Chrome Top Coat + "Citrus" palette

D&B palette in "Citrus" 

Thank You for reading! <3

Comments

Recent Posts Readers Are Loving