New Products for The Collection | Annual Valentine's Day Haul


Every year for Valentine's Day, my boyfriend takes me to Sephora and we spend the better part of an hour or two cruising every aisle. This year, I got a handful of lovely things that I had been eyeing for awhile but hadn't yet picked up.


Marc Jacobs is one of my ride-or-die brands so it should not come as a surprise that we added a few of the brands items to the basket. I've never tried one of the Twinkle Pop Stick Eyeshadows and now I finally have one! I got the shade "410 - Stardust" which is a charcoal iridescent shimmer.

I picked up yet another of the Air Blush Soft Glow Duo blushes (I have four now, oh my). I picked up "Lush & Libido" which is the pinky-orchid shade. I love this shade and have no idea why I hadn't bought this sooner. It gives such a fresh look to the skin, and you can swirl both shades together or use them separately. I've been using the pink side (left side) all over my cheeks and then focusing the orchid shade (right side) higher up on my cheek.

I also got (yet another) Highliner Gel Eye Crayon Eyeliner in shade 68-"Wave(Length)". A sparkly, midnight blue shade that looks wonderful with a warm brown or peach-toned eyeshadow look. These are my favorite eyeliners, which is why I own so many.

The Hourglass Vanish Flash Highlighting Stick in shade "Gold Flash" has totally blown me away and I will absolutely be picking up more of these. This highlighter gives the most fantastic glow-from-within look I am just completely obsessed with it. I use my finger to apply it directly to the high points of my face so as not to dirty up the stick, and it applies beautifully. I am totally hooked.

When I swatched all five of these in store, the only shade that wouldn't work that well for me is Bronze Flash which might work alright in the summer if I'm sporting my "summer glow tan" but as that only lasts for about a two week period, I'll skip this one.

Swatches Top - Bottom: 
Dior Lipstick "481 - Hypnotic Matte"
Marc Jacobs "Lush & Libido" Air Blush (mixed)
Marc Jacobs "Lush & Libido" Air Blush (right side)
Marc Jacobs "Lush & Libido" Air Blush (left side)
Marc Jacobs Highliner Gel Eyeliner "68 - Wave(Length)"
Marc Jacobs Twinkle Pop Stick "410 - Stardust"
Stila Glitter & Glow Liquid Eye Shadow "Fairy Tale"
Fenty Beauty Match Stix Shimmer Skinstick "Yacht Lyfe"
Hourglass Vanish Flash Highlighting Stick "Gold Flash"

Natural Lighting
I also finally added a Fenty Beauty product to my collection (I do own the Gloss Bomb which I highly recommend). I got one of the Match Stix Shimmer Skinstick in shade "Yacht Lyfe" which is a glimmering peach-pink. This was a tough call as I'm attracted to about 6 of these but I finally picked one to start with. It's a lovely shade and looks great with a peach blush. I apply directly to the cheek with the stick as using my finger does not seem to transfer the color very well. The stick doesn't seem to pick up any product from my cheeks so I don't have any issues applying it in this way, which is unlike many of the other stick highlighters I've used. The product itself is not sticky so that's probably why it doesn't transfer back to the stick, making it dirty and gross; an added benefit that I find many people who are beginning to use stick products overlook.

And of course, who can have too many of the Stila liquid eye shadows the brand keeps pumping out?! I could not resist adding a new one of these to my collection so we got the Stila Glitter & Glow Liquid Eye Shadow in "Fairy Tale" which is described a gunmetal gold with duo-chrome bright lavender pearl. It's stunning. I was prepared to start swatching them all and somehow settle on just one, but I immediately gravitated to this and went "yep, this is the one". And into the cart it went.

Indoor Lighting
And of course, my attraction and love for luxury lipsticks is never-ending and luckily, the boyfriend seems to enjoy cruising the high end aisles at Sephora. He also knows my love for Dior so we had fun swatching half the shades on display. We settled on the Rouge Dior Lipstick in shade "481 - Hypnotic Matte" which I am loving and highly recommend as a quintessential, luxury, every day shade. It's a wonderful pink-brown in a creamy matte formula.

He also got me a new Beauty Blender because mine has, apparently, been "roughed up" quite enough =P The boyfriend has a fascination with this beauty tool, the "revolutionary tip" as he calls it (this is, in fact, the tagline of the product". And he liked the teal shade so that's what we got =)

Wearing: Marc Jacobs Air Blush, Dior Matte Lipstick, Hourglass Vanish Highlighter Stick, Stila Glitter & Glow


Marc Jacobs Beauty, Hourglass Cosmetics, Stila, Fenty Beauty, and the Beauty Blender brand are all Cruelty Free <3

Comments

Recent Posts Readers Are Loving