New Guerlain! The Loveable "KissKiss & Meteorites" | Spring 2018 Collection


Guerlain released their Spring 2018 collection just in time for Valentine's Day. I know VDay isn't everyone's favorite holiday, but I am absolutely loving all the Valentine-themed products appearing in the makeup scene this year.

The collection includes a Meteorites powder in a compact (because let's face it, no Guerlain collection is complete without a new Meteorites product), five KissKiss lipsticks (Beige Nude, Coral, Red, Pink, Orange), and three Meteorites CC Glow Color-Correcting Highlighters (Apricot, Green, Rose). I picked up one lipstick (Beige Nude) and the Meteorites Powder Blush (who can actually pass this up?). I'm not one for color-correcting products so I skipped those.


Meteorites Heart Shape Powder Blush: this comes in a pretty compact and contains 0.35oz of product. It is heavily scented with the classic powdery scent that Guerlain is known for. I love the scent and feel stupid luxurious using it, but if you're sensitive to certain aromas you may want to check it out in store first. I enjoy having a Meteorites product in compact form because I can travel with it. As lovely as the Meteorites jars are and as pretty as they look on my counter, they are not in any way travel friendly.


The product is described as containing two blushes with a strobing, or highlighter shade. The regular Meteorites products with the little balls in the jar are crafted similarly--some of the balls are more for highlighting purposes and some for blush, making a nice hybrid powder that can be used however the user prefers. I usually just swirl my brush in the jar and dust over my cheeks to add that nice radiant glow.

I find the compact product difficult to use in the way it's described, which is to use each of the little pans separately. If you use a small brush and are really mindful of your product placement (and also want to spend the extra time using each of the 3 shades to on various parts of the face), then awesome, you can use the product as intended. I use this just how I use my usual Meteorites; I swirl my brush in the whole pan and apply. This gives a nice, healthy glow to the skin. The effect reminds of me the Hourglass Ambient Lighting Powders. Many users say these provide a little something extra to any kind of look. It's an expensive "extra something to add", but I enjoy using these types of products nonetheless.

Top 3 are each shade in the compact separately, 4th shade down is all 3 shades mixed. Bottom shade is the lipstick
I want to say that depending on your skin tone, this product may or may not work for you, but I don't think it's actually meant to show up like a normal blush would. Viewing this as a product in the Meteorites line, it's not meant to really be a blush, more like a product you dust on to add a little extra glow. I think, if you view it this way, it will work for many skin tones but the effect on any skin tone will be subtle, no matter how dark or light your skin is.

I do wish the compact was a little heavier, especially given the price point. I want to feel the weight of the product and it's a little on the light side considering it's an expensive, luxury product. I feel like many of Guerlain's lipsticks get top notch, super classy packaging--their KissKiss and the Rouge G lipstick lines have incredible packaging, as well as the Meteorites products that come in the various jars. But some of their products I wish they would treat on the same level. I adore Guerlain products; their style is so lovely I just would love to see them invest a bit more in more luxury material other than plastic.

KissKiss LoveLove Lipstick: These are adorable and super girly. The packaging is top notch; it's heavy in weight and sleek in design. The case is a pearlized pink (which I apologize but my pictures do not in any way capture the loveliness of the case).


The lipstick is shaped like a heart which is super cute but ultimately, awkward to apply. If you need to apply lipstick carefully, if you have uneven lips like I do you might be one of these people, then a lip liner might be helpful. I'm lazy so I treat it more like a balm so I kind of just slap it on and hope for the best. I got the shade "Beige Nude" which, to me, is more of a peach or orange nude than beige, so I'm unsure what that's all about. It's a balmy, moisturizing formulation that is comfortable on the lips. It leaves a nice tint behind when it begins to fade.

Meteorites Baby Glow Touch: this is Guerlain's stick highlighter and it is not a new product or a part of the Spring 2018 collection. But, when I bought the Spring collection items in store, the highlighters just looked so pretty that I caved and picked up the shade "Golden Glow". Stick products are the latest thing and it seems everyone is coming out with every product they make in some sort of stick form. Naturally, as a cosmetics blogger, I have to try many of them out (oh poor me =P ) and I'm beginning to find myself reaching for (and buying more) stick products more than I thought I would.

Meteorites Baby Glow Touch: Top 3 are each shade separately, bottom are the 3 shades mixed
This product is branded with the signature Guerlain scent and comes in, unfortunately, cheap plastic packaging. Again with the packaging on this one. Aesthetic-wise, it looks just fine but I would love to see it improved as it really is a lovely product but the cheap feel of the packaging ruins it a little for me.

The product has 3 sections, each with a different highlighter shade. You can use them separately or together. I'm lazy so I use them all together. I don't like to apply the stick directly to my face over my makeup as it makes the stick dirty and gross and I'm finicky about having clean products, so I use my finger (or a brush) and then apply to the face. These 3 shades applied together give a nice peachy-pink highlight shade that I will never tire of.

Out of my growing collection of stick highlighters, this is one that settles into the skin very fast (some of them take quite a bit of time to stop being sticky--looking at you Milk Makeup Holographic Stick). It does have glitter particles in it but they are fine and not chunky. The application is more on the subtle side and can be built up. If you apply directly with the stick, you will get more of an intense payoff right off the bat.

I'm really feeling the theme of Guerlain's Spring collection, and the Valentine's-themed products in general. Let me know if you're picking up anything!

In the below pics, I am wearing all three products =)

Meteorites Baby Glow Touch Stick Highlighter
KissKiss LoveLove Lipstick in Beige Nude
Thank you for reading! <3

Comments

Recent Posts Readers Are Loving