Loving Right Now ~ Redhead Roundup


As a proud redhead representing approximately 4% of the population, I want to publish a series that calls out not just great products, but products that any redhead with an interest in makeup should take a look at. Below are some products in my collection that I tend to get the most compliments on and which I think look especially spectacular on fellow gingers.
Sparkling Bellini, night Fever & Hot Stuff, Tipsy, Chili, Lucky, Porcini
A pure red lipstick can look amazing on a redhead, but I personally prefer to wear coral-red or pink-red lipsticks for an every day look rather than a bold red; something easygoing but that adds a little extra that can make an entire look. Dior Addict Lipstick in the shade "Lucky" is one of my favs. Classy and chic, it really makes a statement when pulling it out of your purse, and makes an even better statement on the lips for a casual, daytime look or a night out on the town. It applies easily and feels great on the lips. Perfect for Spring and Summer wear!
Products Used: Dior Addict Lipstick in "Lucky"
& Tarte 12-Hour Amazonian Clay Blush in "Tipsy"
Bite Beauty's "Porcini" was a color I didn't think I could make work. Turns out, my followers on Instagram apparently love it with my hair color! So I think it's safe to include in the "Redhead Roundup". A caramel shade in the infamous creamy, Amuse Bouche formula, if you're looking to step away from the regular nudes that are flooding stores everywhere, definitely check this one out. Full review of the Edgy Neutrals collection is here.
Product Used: Bite Beauty Edgy Neutrals Amuse Bouche in "Porcini"
M.A.C.'s "Chili" is the most lovely, burnt orange-red shade on the market, and it's basically undupeable. Whenever I've gotten a makeover at MAC, or asked for a recommendation, the SA's always want to put "Chili" on me. This pic really doesn't capture how fabulous this shade is. MACs matte formula is also more of a creamy matte formula than a drying one. Plus that signature vanilla smell I just love <3
Product Used: MAC Cosmetics in "Chili"
Rose and gold toned, neutral eye shadows are staples in my collection. I adore eye shadow palettes like the Lorac Mega Pro III and Urban Decay's Naked III. Easy to work with, can be built up or down, and no matter your eye color, these shadows will provide nothing but compliments.

Another palette that has received an insane amount of focus with mixed review results is the Too Faced Sweet Peach Palette. There's tons of mixed feelings regarding this palette, from it being over-hyped in terms of marketing to upset feelings about it going from Limited Edition to a permanent item in the Too Faced collection to it not having enough peach shades. All that aside, I like this palette and I think it's a great one for redheads. If you look at it as less of a "peach themed" palette, you will see all the warm toned browns which are ideal, neutral shades for redheads. Those, plus the green and purple and the peach shades are all great eye shadow shades for redheads, regardless of if you have blue, green, brown or hazel eyes. If you don't like the smell of that palette, you may want to skip this one but if that doesn't bother you, I'd recommend giving this one a look. Full review of this palette is here.
Products Used: Too Faced "Sweet Peach Palette"
While the Lorac Mega Pro 3 is Limited edition, I included it because it's versatile and, like Naked III, isn't the favorite of the collection by many but for redheads, I think it's perfect. There's rose gold shades, purple shades, and warm brown shades. The Pomegranate shade (the pinky shade in the corner next to the black) has been deemed by some reviewers as random but for redheads, it's great for the lid, upper crease, or lower lash line. Lorac brought back the Mega Pro 2 so hoping they do the same with this one in the near future. The full review lives here.

Blushes are a weakness of mine. I have no idea why but I cannot pass up a soft looking blush in gorgeous packaging.Three blushes I adore as a redhead are "Sparkling Bellini" by Too Faced, "Tipsy" by Tarte, and Marc Jacobs Airblush in "Night Fever & Hot Stuff".

"Sparkling Bellini" by Too Faced is one of my favorite blushes of all time. It's a lovely peach shade with a hint of coral and provides a peachy-gold sheen. Very buildable, extremely gorgeous. I wear this all the time in Summer and heading into Fall. It works well if you're fair skin or tan, anything and all in between!

"Night Fever & Hot Stuff" by Marc Jacobs is another favorite of mine. A rosy, almost plummy shade if you swirl your brush on the right side of the pan and a lighter pink shade if you focus on the left. These are a satin-y blush so you will get a very light sheen but it won't look overdone if you put some highlighter on as well.

"Tipsy" by Tarte is a straight up matte coral but I find a good coral blush shade isn't all that easy to find. This one is unique in that it can provide a bright pop of color on the cheeks if you build it up, but it can also provide a nice, subtle look if lightly swiped in the pan and dusted over the entire cheek. I use a soft, fluffy brush with this one--the Real Techniques Blush Brush ($8.99 at Ulta), is one of my favorites for this type of highly pigmented blush. Tarte 12 Hour Amazonian Clay Blush review is here.






Comments